Using the other finger for playing

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

While playing G major triad 1st inversion on strings 1,2,3 I was recommended to bar the 1,2 string on 3rd fret with index finger and put my 2nd finger on 4th fret 3rd string.My question is would it be too much of a bother I if use 3rd finger instead of 2nd finger.beacuse I can't strum the chord clearly using my 2nd finger while I'm barring.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

If you find it a bit of a stretch - practise same pattern higher up on fretboard and gradually work to be able to stretch eventually.

But do what works for you now.

lfm wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 11:24 am If you find it a bit of a stretch - practise same pattern higher up on fretboard and gradually work to be able to stretch eventually.

But do what works for you now.
Thanks for the tip

Hand position plays a key role in one's ability to stretch. A lot of players pull back the left hand (playing as a rightie) but if you study how a classical, jazz player or speed metal players (generalization) play you can see they tend to align their knuckles right under each fret, expanding the ability to stretch. This position need not be held all the time and can be accessed only as needed.

Return to “Guitars”