May Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Forgotten wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 3:45 pm
vurt wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 2:41 pm although, i got riddims! :o :P
Riddims? Didn't someone mention dub as a possible theme a while back? That would be really cool to do.
well, we can push for dub next month and i can reuse some riddim :lol:

2 submissions now! Woot!

Fine. I'll do one so that we have a better chance of having a winner.

If you do, and vurt posts one we will be almost half way to double figures! :hihi:

mines definitely coming! no foolin!

and if it doesnt fit the theme of "disaster" then without actually sinking an ocean liner, im not sure what would?

Okay, my entry is in. Completely improvised on the fly. Took about 2 hours.

:o
you are a machine!!!!!

Forgotten wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 4:10 pm 2 submissions now! Woot!
i told you id come, and i have :D

:hihi:

Paraphrasing ole Samuel Clemens: Reports of the death of the Music Cafe contest were greatly exaggerated.

It shall not die! :party: :hihi:

Forgotten wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 2:33 pm My entry? It's not atonal - it has Cm as its tonal center (with some drifting away from it in places, but still centered around Cm).
I took a second hearing and it still sounds atonal to me. Perhaps I'm just unable to recognize an unchanging chord.

harvon wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:33 am
Forgotten wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 2:33 pm My entry? It's not atonal - it has Cm as its tonal center (with some drifting away from it in places, but still centered around Cm).
I took a second hearing and it still sounds atonal to me. Perhaps I'm just unable to recognize an unchanging chord.
It’s not really harmonic based, so it’s not based around a chord. Essentially it’s built around the quiet bubbling sound that’s low in the mix for me to keep tempo, and playing single piano notes with no particular effort to maintain regular bar length and some amount of syncopation.

The distorted synth sounds with a long, slow delay feedback are pretty much a pedal note (which obviously gives a harmonic flavor to it), and the more prominent synth sound is an iPad app called TC-11 (pitch, rate, delay time, etc. all determined by finger positions on the touch screen, and I just followed the meandering of the piano in a single take).

:o am i guarenteed top 4?

vurt wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 11:36 am :o am i guarenteed top 4?
Not yet.

Return to “Music Cafe”