bx_oberhausen still has a major bug - Does Brainworx typically fix broken products?

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
thelizard
KVRian
1310 posts since 6 Jul, 2004

Post Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:27 pm

Yes, thanks for reposting our beta page link here!

@mortfell: as clarification, we (Unfiltered) didn't delete your Facebook comment, nor were we aware that it was deleted. I'm sorry that happened.

To explain the broken clipper (which never should have been posted): we put in an optimization in our DSP base for BYOME to make clipper switching take up fewer resources using function pointers instead of a switch statement. This required an adjustment to the code that calls the DSP library. Around the same time, BX requested new builds that included a bugfixed version of their licenser library. We turned in an automated Dent build off the wrong DSP branch. Really, it never should have made it through QA, and we apologize for that. We haven't released another build yet, as the only change was the licenser code.

Dasheesh
KVRAF
3767 posts since 22 Nov, 2012

Re: bx_oberhausen still has a major bug - Does Brainworx typically fix broken products?

Post Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:07 pm

lizard, are the latest builds still being pushed by the PA installation manager? have to admit i'm a little lost on where to find bug fixes at this point.

thelizard
KVRian
1310 posts since 6 Jul, 2004

Re: bx_oberhausen still has a major bug - Does Brainworx typically fix broken products?

Post Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:09 pm

Dasheesh wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:07 pm
lizard, are the latest builds still being pushed by the PA installation manager? have to admit i'm a little lost on where to find bug fixes at this point.
Anything not pushed to the PA manager will be on that beta page. The LION build was a hotfix to patch up two bad bug regressions that made it in right before release.

Dasheesh
KVRAF
3767 posts since 22 Nov, 2012

Post Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:18 pm

ok i just went ahead and downloaded byome from the beta and it was a newer version. the pa manager installed version 1.0.1 yesterday and the newer version is 1.0.2 . safe to say go to the beta page for now.

Sinisterbr
KVRist
347 posts since 11 Mar, 2010

Post Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:04 pm

abernathy wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:18 pm
Still no fix! Amazing they still sell a plug-in with a major bug that makes many presets sound completely different than programmer intended - and won't correctly load presets I create. I was looking forward to more synths from brainworx, but I'm afraid this will be the first and last plugin I buy from Plugin Alliance. U-he, Xils, Valhalla, GForce have always been super responsive - amazing the difference in companies with great customer service vs. companies with lousy customer service.
Don't forget TAL! (yes, I'm a fan)

abernathy
KVRist
205 posts since 15 Oct, 2001 from Santa Fe, NM

Post Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:00 pm

Sinisterbr wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:04 pm
abernathy wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:18 pm
Still no fix! Amazing they still sell a plug-in with a major bug that makes many presets sound completely different than programmer intended - and won't correctly load presets I create. I was looking forward to more synths from brainworx, but I'm afraid this will be the first and last plugin I buy from Plugin Alliance. U-he, Xils, Valhalla, GForce have always been super responsive - amazing the difference in companies with great customer service vs. companies with lousy customer service.
Don't forget TAL! (yes, I'm a fan)
Thanks, I actually meant to include TAL in my list! Another awesome customer-focused company.

sacer
KVRian
716 posts since 8 Jan, 2012 from frankfurt, Germany

Post Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:10 pm

Xils lab had needed a little time to fix my ilok issue, but they have fixed it in some months.
Also Tone2 needed some months to fix an issue with their copy protection causing some problems on my system.
On Byome I am still waiting for the fix since more than one year. This is ridilculous and I do not believe they will fix it within next year.
I tried a new ableton set with lion and byome. There was only one instance of lion and one instance of byome. Than I tried to mix it with Neutron 3 and the same error that ableton is freezing in slow motion again. So these Plugins together with triad are useless with this shady bug.
This won't happen with U-he or a Tal Synth for $45

abernathy
KVRist
205 posts since 15 Oct, 2001 from Santa Fe, NM

Post Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:15 am

So now my Support Ticket with Plugin Alliance has been "closed". Does that mean they've decided not to fix this major bug in bx_oberhausen? I'll go waste some more time reopening my support ticket...
Last edited by abernathy on Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

electro
KVRAF
4672 posts since 6 May, 2002

Post Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:02 pm

abernathy wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:00 pm
Thanks, I actually meant to include TAL in my list! Another awesome customer-focused company.
TAL is the best.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

thaslein
KVRer
1 posts since 27 Jan, 2016

Post Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:48 am

Sorry to poke at old wounds haha, but was these concerns ever acknowledged and worked on by brainworx / plugin alliance?
Pretty sad to hear about such bad customer support, cause i really like the brainworx stuff.. are brainworx and PA the same, or have you tried contacting BX directly?

Looove
-niels

electro
KVRAF
4672 posts since 6 May, 2002

Post Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:51 am

2/4/2020 is the current update
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

chk071
KVRAF
24488 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:58 am

thaslein wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:48 am
Pretty sad to hear about such bad customer support, cause i really like the brainworx stuff..
TBH, if I learned one thing here over the years, then it's that your own experience with companies' customer support are most likely to be the exact opposite of what people report here.
Plugins and a DAW. On a operating system. Which runs on a computer.

waltercruz
KVRAF
1910 posts since 4 Dec, 2011 from Brasília, Brazil

Post Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:11 am

The bx_oberhausen reverb bug was fixed on november 2019.

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/news ... 02.19.html
bx_oberhausen

Fixed no sound in Studio One AU Fixed crash in Digital Performer 9
Fixed crash when closing editor while "Save Preset As" Dialog is open
Fixed preset management categories not being sorted
Fixed possible issues with preset management and plugin states
Fixed possible unresponsiveness when creating a new preset
Fixed issue where the favorite status was not always correctly reflected
Fixed reverb damping not being saved
Fixed undo/redo inconsistencies
Fixed some minor UI issues Improved NKS for controller support

deejay2
KVRist
344 posts since 21 May, 2018

Post Mon May 25, 2020 3:57 am

are there any additional free a paid presets for oberhausen?

kmonkey
KVRAF
4094 posts since 17 Aug, 2004

Post Mon May 25, 2020 4:05 am

thelizard wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:27 pm

@mortfell: as clarification, we (Unfiltered) didn't delete your Facebook comment, nor were we aware that it was deleted. I'm sorry that happened.
Yeah just you know Facebook is known to have these funny errors and it happens that Facebook is by accident deleting all posts whenever someone post a bad review or bug report. You know just very convenient behavior for a company presenting a product.

You know i'll give you a break. The fact that you are here is refreshing. But these PA guys are disgusting in their moderation. Noone can say anything negative - delete. Even someone posting an issue - delete.

Return to “Instruments”