IK Multimedia & Joe Satriani want to hear from you!

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
User avatar
Banned
2290 posts since 24 Mar, 2015 from Toronto, Canada

Post Wed May 20, 2020 5:27 am

Stringzy wrote: ↑
Wed May 20, 2020 5:14 am
who is Joe Satriani?
as of 2020, an irrelevant figure, who hasn't released a decent album in years. seems like he stopped caring. his tone and his licks is the same old chewed up bubblegum. it is so familiar and rehashed, it leaves a bad taste and breeds contempt.

he's a "has-been", who rehashes his old tunes in concert and lives off past fame. not that he's the only "has-been" who does this, but still. he's also an endorsement whore.

if you think of it, hardly anyone really needs Joe Satriani in 2020, except for his nostalgic followers. he's just got nothing more to say as a musician. he's played out.

I appreciate Steve Vai for not churning out mediocre albums every two years strictly because of contractual obligations. his last proper studio record was eight years ago, it wasn't exactly great, Steve knew it, chose to leave it at that. well done, Steve. I hope he still makes a quality record in a few years.
which supserstar guitarist in your opinion releases great albums then?
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

User avatar
KVRAF
2722 posts since 5 Dec, 2003 from Harlan's World

Post Wed May 20, 2020 5:45 am

Stringzy wrote: ↑
Wed May 20, 2020 5:14 am
who is Joe Satriani?
as of 2020, an irrelevant figure, who hasn't released a decent album in years. seems like he stopped caring. his tone and his licks is the same old chewed up bubblegum. it is so familiar and rehashed, it leaves a bad taste and breeds contempt.
:hihi:

Yes, this irrelevant figure (who had to cancel a large series of sold-out concerts because nobody wants to see him of coronavirus), and who just released another boring really good album called Shapeshifting.

I don't know who "breeds contempt" more...him or you. :party:
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

User avatar
Banned
2290 posts since 24 Mar, 2015 from Toronto, Canada

Post Wed May 20, 2020 5:59 am

kovacs wrote: ↑
Wed May 20, 2020 5:45 am
Stringzy wrote: ↑
Wed May 20, 2020 5:14 am
who is Joe Satriani?
as of 2020, an irrelevant figure, who hasn't released a decent album in years. seems like he stopped caring. his tone and his licks is the same old chewed up bubblegum. it is so familiar and rehashed, it leaves a bad taste and breeds contempt.
:hihi:

Yes, this irrelevant figure (who had to cancel a large series of sold-out concerts because nobody wants to see him of coronavirus), and who just released another boring really good album called Shapeshifting.

I don't know who "breeds contempt" more...him or you. :party:
to be honest, i haven't really listened to his recent albums but checking out shapeshifting on spotify. his tone is cool.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

User avatar
KVRAF
2443 posts since 23 Mar, 2005 from Detroit

Post Wed May 20, 2020 4:26 pm

Crystal Planet was awesome. A number of my non-musician and non-guitar playing friends in highschool had it when it was released. But he hasn't really done much since to interest me. He has done some sit-ins/guest spots with various musicians in the LA area, a few of those jam bands.

I'd really like to see him do a supergroup thing like Chickenfoot again, or even just be a hired gun for a touring band/jamband, where the focus isn't mostly on him, like John Mayer joining Dead and Company (Grateful Dead).

Banned
342 posts since 3 May, 2019

Post Wed May 20, 2020 10:14 pm

hahaha, look at all these butthurt JS fans! I love it!

you know, I used to be Joe's fan, but lets face it, he's got comfortably lazy over the years and been living off his old records for a while.

he's just not trying too hard. new tunes are lackluster and production on his records went downhill.

I get it. he's an old star, like a handful of them, and they all milk their old hits to death when they hit the writer's block, it's what they do.

but I just quit on Joe Satriani as a musician and guitar player. he's just not interesting anymore.

he's a nice memory from 1987, and sometimes I would play Alien surf tunes, but today Joe is just that. a nice memory from 1987. he's not really relevant. he's a thing of the past.

KVRian
545 posts since 31 May, 2008 from Australia

Post Wed May 20, 2020 10:25 pm

Lucky this isn't IK's official forums or a lot of these posts would be deleted, including this one :hyper:

IK Multimedia & Joe Satriani your Pre-Orderers want to hear from you!

KVRian
545 posts since 31 May, 2008 from Australia

Post Wed May 20, 2020 10:26 pm

There is threats of post deletions and thread locking if people don't take their medicine and be patient, which is fair enough, it's only been 4 months since a lot of us pre-ordered, not like it's out of the ordinary or anything, and there has been a lot going on in the world 'n all. It's not like we are left in the dark, the communication is flowing like a torrent to the users/customers, it's like a veritable bombardment, there is no escaping it. :tu:

User avatar
KVRAF
1505 posts since 10 Oct, 2018

Post Wed May 20, 2020 11:18 pm

telecode wrote: ↑
Tue May 19, 2020 4:48 am
excuse me please wrote: ↑
Mon May 18, 2020 4:36 pm
Ok, just for the record... who is Joe Satriani?
seriously?
I wonder what Hendrix thinks about IK...

User avatar
Banned
2290 posts since 24 Mar, 2015 from Toronto, Canada

Post Thu May 21, 2020 2:16 am

excuse me please wrote: ↑
Wed May 20, 2020 11:18 pm
telecode wrote: ↑
Tue May 19, 2020 4:48 am
excuse me please wrote: ↑
Mon May 18, 2020 4:36 pm
Ok, just for the record... who is Joe Satriani?
seriously?
I wonder what Hendrix thinks about IK...
i think hendix would be like

https://youtu.be/7AzJxlXutQM?t=69
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

KVRian
545 posts since 31 May, 2008 from Australia

Post Sun May 24, 2020 2:52 pm

Hendrix and IK, hmmm, well I guess in this situation you could say they are both late.





IK Multimedia & Joe Satriani your Pre-Orderers want to hear from you!

User avatar
KVRian
878 posts since 16 Jan, 2012 from UK

Post Sun May 24, 2020 6:14 pm

he'll be wanting that tenner back i shouldn't wonder.

User avatar
KVRian
1214 posts since 2 Sep, 2019

Post Mon May 25, 2020 1:49 am

So it's not like no one from IK sees these replies.
They're just hiding because they don't have a good response.
Not a good sign at all. Things must have really gone off the rails. :(
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

User avatar
Banned
2290 posts since 24 Mar, 2015 from Toronto, Canada

Post Mon May 25, 2020 5:07 am

i fail to see how this is going to fail. you can't do a huge marketing push on a product with a big name star for 6 months and then silently shut it down and swipe under the carpet and never release it. it would do damage to the company, its products and the star.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

KVRAF
1886 posts since 2 Jul, 2010

Post Mon May 25, 2020 5:39 am

-- sarcasm detector activated, deleted my daft post --

It really is getting hard to distinguish between parody and the obnoxious practices some people are willing to normalise/defend.

User avatar
KVRian
1214 posts since 2 Sep, 2019

Post Mon May 25, 2020 9:45 am

telecode wrote: ↑
Mon May 25, 2020 5:07 am
i fail to see how this is going to fail. you can't do a huge marketing push on a product with a big name star for 6 months and then silently shut it down and swipe under the carpet and never release it. it would do damage to the company, its products and the star.
How quickly some forget the aborted AmpliTube Esteban.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Return to “Effects”