Synth similar to Ana2's features?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

At least 2 Wavetable Oscs + sampler osc (1 or more)?
Ana2 has these, but are there some other synths with similar features I've maybe missed? Would like test/compare if there are similar synths out there.

Hive2 + Serum seem not to have sampler for osc, if I'm not mistaken?
And Pigments2 can have sample as osc, but it has only 2 oscilators all together (where in Ana2 you can have 3 wavetable oscs + 3 sapler oscs = 6 all together).

Massive X also doesn't have sampler osc (and it only has 2 osc all in all?)?

Rapid

Each of the 3 osc per a layer can be wavetable or sampler (and you can have up to 8 layers)
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 1:55 pm Rapid

Each of the 3 osc per a layer can be wavetable or sampler (and you can have up to 8 layers)
Thanks for the tip! Will try that!

It doesn't have sample oscillators (why not just use wavetables?), but, I found that Dune 3 has a similar character to ANA 2. IMO, that's about as close as you can get to that sound. And features.

Omnisphere.

Honestly though I don't think you'll find something as versatile, and that sounds as good and that is as cheap as ANA 2 is currently. They've also talked about adding multi-sampling, which personally I don't care about much in ANA, would rather see some kind of time stretch/granular.

Why not just buy Ana? I think it's on sale for like £49 at the moment? :?
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Phase Plant has sampler and wavetable oscillators. As many as you want.

ramseysounds wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 2:15 pm Why not just buy Ana? I think it's on sale for like £49 at the moment? :?
True.

evo2slo wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 2:19 pm Phase Plant has sampler and wavetable oscillators. As many as you want.
It looks interesting... I just don't quite understand what version I need to buy if I don't have any Khs plugins already :?:

Tannaliini wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 3:26 pm
evo2slo wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 2:19 pm Phase Plant has sampler and wavetable oscillators. As many as you want.
It looks interesting... I just don't quite understand what version I need to buy if I don't have any Khs plugins already :?:
If you really like the demo then I would recommend the subscription. It’s similar to a rent to own.
https://kilohearts.com/products/kilohearts_subscription
It’s a lot pricier than Ana2 though (but just went on sale).

There is a super massive Phase Plant sale, fyi..
ImageImageImageImage

chk071 wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 2:04 pm It doesn't have sample oscillators (why not just use wavetables?),
Because full size samples and short duration samples found in wavetables are two completely different things.

I've been asking for full sample support in Dune 3 for quite some time perhaps in the form of the .sfz Osc found in their Zampler plugin. So far no luck. :?

Anyway I own both Dune 3 and Ana 2 and they are sufficiently different in character to justify owning both.

Ana 2 has full sample import and a superior Arp/Seq but in overall sound quality Dune 3 is far superior....in my opinion of course. :wink:

But I have to give a +1 to Parawave Rapid. It is a very deep, high quality synth. It has quickly risen to be one of my favorite synths... :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I haven’t played with it recently but iirc Vaporizer 2 from VAST Dynamics should tick all the boxes.

https://www.vast-dynamics.com/?q=Vaporizer2
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

Tannaliini wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 1:52 pm Hive2 + Serum seem not to have sampler for osc, if I'm not mistaken?
In Serum you can load a wav-file into the noise oscillator. Thus you can play samples. Not a full grown sample player though.
Tannaliini wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 1:52 pm And Pigments2 can have sample as osc, but it has only 2 oscilators all together (where in Ana2 you can have 3 wavetable oscs + 3 sapler oscs = 6 all together).
At least you can use also the modulators as simple (sub-)oscillators. But your requirement 2WT + 1 sampleplayer is still not fulfilled.

Other synths, not yet mentioned:
VPS Avenger (up to 8 OSCs), UVI Falcon (unlimited(?) OSCs)

Not sample player, but resynthesis:
Icarus 2, Alchemy (old version or with Apple Logic X)

Return to “Instruments”