Native Instruments Discontinuing Authorizations

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Did anyone receive emails to the account you have Native Instruments software registered to stating that you would no longer be able to authorize NI (or libraries dependent on Ni) on any system prior to mac OS10.9?
(I didn’t, even though I have multiple accounts).

Which means products they sold just 6 years ago and before will not be activatable on systems the products were specified for.
Some products won't even authorize on 10.9.

I have multiple systems with different projects and libraries that won’t be able to reauthorize in the very possible event of a cpu or hard drive failure. No RTAS reauthorizations. That is in addition to not being able to authorize products and libraries that haven’t been authorized yet.

Also, even now I have not been able to get “Service Center” to “connect” to Authorize on Mac G5’s. And evidently “offline” activation was stopped by Native Instruments.
And disk cloning isn’t retaining authorizations, to which NI just says “...bad news.”

If someone knows how to get service center to authorize my backup G5 systems I would really welcome the help.
Thanks

does native access not work?

For some "older" products it may not.
And Native Access doesn't work on systems older than mac os10.9
So if there are any projects on older systems, any RTAS Native Instrument products, some libraries- it appears those won't be authorizable.
In addition products that require Service Center are not authorizing on Mac G5's (probably all ppc macs) now, and in a couple of days not for anything.

NI screwing over customers. Must be Tuesday :roll:
I miss MindPrint. My TRIO needs a big brother.

khanyz wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:03 pm NI screwing over customers. Must be Tuesday :roll:
More like Apple screwing over customers by not making their OS updates backwards compatible.

khanyz wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:03 pm NI screwing over customers. Must be Tuesday :roll:
I’m not sure if this is their fault...
It might be the OS and hardware being too old. That’s more an Apple thing if any...
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Read your NI T&Cs. They need to provide an alternative, not just stop authorisations.

They tried this with older products earlier this year. There’s a thread about it.

the G5 was discontinued in 2006... 14 years ago. os x 10.9 is 7 years old. this is tech we're talking about; not hard to believe that older tech is no longer supported.

use what you choose to, but accept that technology moves forward, and there are cutoff points for everything, whether we like it or not.

i have to say, i haven't seen a G5 mac in many years, and am impressed/surprised/horrified that someone's still running one. good luck (seriously) keeping it going.

There's a huge thread about it already viewtopic.php?f=1&t=541076

fisherKing wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:32 pm the G5 was discontinued in 2006... 14 years ago. os x 10.9 is 7 years old. this is tech we're talking about; not hard to believe that older tech is no longer supported.
No, we’re talking about not being able to use software you’ve bought. It can still be discontinued, but that doesn’t mean it’s use should be revoked if you’ve paid for a permanent license.

This is going to be my last post on the subject and it usually decends into chaos. :bang:

Also, read the other thread.

fisherKing wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:32 pm i have to say, i haven't seen a G5 mac in many years, and am impressed/surprised/horrified that someone's still running one. good luck (seriously) keeping it going.
Good luck why? *I still onw a G5 ad it is working perfectly. And everything I could do back then I can still do now, as well. :shrug:

I just wished modern Apple computers could be compared, in terms of robustness, reliability, and user friendliness, to those machines.
Fernando (FMR)

Try contacting support and see if they can help. It's possible to activate products offline through Service Center provided you have all the necessary codes (which you will need to get via support).

A couple of years back I was able to activate Komplete 3 on a G4 running Tiger with help from support. Even back then the compatible Service Center was blocked by NI's servers.
Image Image Image Image

Service Center activations are due to be turned off on 5/31, after which you need to use Native Access. There are two versions of Native Access - one for 10.9 to 10.11, and one for 10.12 and above.

You would only have a week or so of further activations through Service Center and NI doesn't provide a version of Native Access that works on OSX earlier than 10.9.

I would think this is something that originates with NI rather than Apple. Maybe contact NI and confirm if their activation products will support OSX prior to 10.9?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=541076

all the info you need is in that thread
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Return to “Instruments”