May Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I went for several years making an entry every month (sometimes also a second one as a collab) , but then slowly tailed off. I think I average about three a year now :(

P.S. I also find there are far too many general entries for me to keep up.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

My first participation was also 2003 and I am celebrating years and years of virtually no participation. But I read the posts and listen to the songs. :) My mantra is «next month!».
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

beanpole wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:56 am
rp314 wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 9:33 pm And looking at who's participating it's interesting to note that there is indeed some continuity to this contest.

Some folks might be deserving of a lifetime achievement award... :D
Just checking and my first entry was in May 2007 so this is my 13 year anniversary of posting an entry every month :party: :party:
:clap:

I think Laguna Rising also has a similar participation streak going.

Now anybody don't get emotional on the vote I gave. I got it by throwing couple of dies.

My apologies.

harvon wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:35 pm Now anybody don't get emotional on the vote I gave. I got it by throwing couple of dies.

My apologies.
Then your votes should be disqualified.

Well I just couldn't decide between them!

harvon wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:35 pm Now anybody don't get emotional on the vote I gave. I got it by throwing couple of dies.

My apologies.
no need for apologies :D
:hihi:

vurt wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:53 pm

My apologies.
Dice should be allowed to vote.

Dice are people too!

beanpole wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:56 am Just checking and my first entry was in May 2007 so this is my 13 year anniversary of posting an entry every month :party: :party:
:eek: I think I only managed to enter every month for the whereabouts of 3–4 years…

rp314 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:11 pm
rp314 wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 9:33 pm And looking at who's participating it's interesting to note that there is indeed some continuity to this contest.

Just checking and my first entry was in May 2007 so this is my 13 year anniversary of posting an entry every month :party: :party:

Well, my 1st entry was on November 2005, I missed the December 2006 deadline, but after that, I managed to put together something every month somehow ...
:oops:

Well all I can say is... :hail:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Laguna Rising wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:10 pm
rp314 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:11 pm

Well, my 1st entry was on November 2005, I missed the December 2006 deadline, but after that, I managed to put together something every month somehow ...
:oops:
In December of 2006 there was probably a large number of entries and as I recall the powers that be were not too flexible regarding such things. And it better not be one second over the 2 minute mark... :hihi:

What you guys have done is still very impressive. :clap:

vurt wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:53 pm

My apologies.
Aleatoric voting? I think John Cage would approve... :ud:

/note to self: never attempt drums again :cry:

I'm probably being uber thick here, but as a noob to this contest stuff is there a thread post I'm missing that lays out the month contest's set theme, constraints and deadlines?
There seem to be loads of different threads with multiple posts. Does consensus arrive somewhere?

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Return to “Music Cafe”