SSL Oxford Plugins - Does anyone Here use these?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kenny saunders wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 5:49 pm ...

They are reasonably priced, fact.

https://store.solidstatelogic.com/catalog/31
$329 for the channel strip. Reasonable? Do they have sales?

Rockatansky wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 5:37 pm What are SSL Oxford plugins? Do you mean SSL Native/Duende plugins or Sonnox f.k.a. Sony Oxford plugins?
SSL are based in Oxford...

"Seriously, these plugins have been around for ages"

There's this thing called updates, and the hardware console have been around for ages that's the point lol

That is true. These plugins have been here for ages. From 2005 released in Duende platform.
In 2011 ported to native. Code is the same. First native version cancel completely current version.

This thread is going to be shit

The SSL X comp , X EQ and Bus Compressor are excellent tools !
I would suggest you use the subscription for a few months and buy what you like after.

poshook wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:37 pm This thread is going to be shit
Another douchebag. go away now if you have no expertise in this matter, which of course you don't
Last edited by kenny saunders on Tue May 26, 2020 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. HOW CAN YOU HAVE ANY PUDDING IF YOU DON'T EAT YER MEAT!?

christian f. wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:07 pm The SSL X comp , X EQ and Bus Compressor are excellent tools !
I would suggest you use the subscription for a few months and buy what you like after.

Yeah I've just been trying them out, they are nice. Just a problem with that they are visually cropped because of the high DPI scaling in cubase. Emailed their support as I can;t use them like that. i hope they don;t just blame Steinberg...
If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. HOW CAN YOU HAVE ANY PUDDING IF YOU DON'T EAT YER MEAT!?

Googly Smythe wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:17 pm
kenny saunders wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 5:49 pm ...

https://store.solidstatelogic.com/catalog/31
$329 for the channel strip. Reasonable? Do they have sales?
Well the channel strip and bus comp for £299. The PA strip is £289. Doubt SSL they have sales tho. I'll need to see if I really like the SSL or get the PA for cheap 2nd hand.

poshook wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:27 pm
kenny saunders wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 5:55 pm
Calenberger wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 5:53 pm
kenny saunders wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 5:49 pm
robotmonkey wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:53 pmNo.
robotmonkey wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:50 pm
Daimonicon wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:05 pm
:smack: :dog: :roll:
:hihi:

Seriously, these plugins have been around for ages. They have been pretty expensive and I'm sure they still need hardware iLok. SQ wise they are probably decent but nothing that you can't get from elsewhere.
"no"

I bet your real fun at parties :party:

There's this thing called updates, and the hardware console have been around for ages that's the point lol

"They have been pretty expensive"

"I'm sure they still need hardware iLok"

They DON'T need hardware ilok.

"They are probably decent but nothing that you can't get from elsewhere."

What's wrong with SSL lol? Especially as we're talking SSL emus. The whole point of the question is the nuances between different vendors recreation of SSL hardware. Why are you posting in a thread you know nothing about? (rhetorical)
Are you their social media influencer?
The guys a dick obviously, so just letting him know.
Slow down Kenny.
If you are not interested in anyone response, just download the DEMO, use google and do not waste our time to answer your stupid questions.
His amazingly helpful response of "No", then a bunch of misinformation!! What planet are you from?

kenny saunders wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:12 pm
poshook wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:37 pm This thread is going to be shit
Another douchebag. go away now if you have no expertise in this matter, which of course you don't
And another shit

kenny saunders wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:29 pm
poshook wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:27 pm
kenny saunders wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 5:55 pm
Calenberger wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 5:53 pm
kenny saunders wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 5:49 pm
robotmonkey wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:53 pmNo.
robotmonkey wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:50 pm
:hihi:

Seriously, these plugins have been around for ages. They have been pretty expensive and I'm sure they still need hardware iLok. SQ wise they are probably decent but nothing that you can't get from elsewhere.
"no"

I bet your real fun at parties :party:

"They have been pretty expensive"

"I'm sure they still need hardware iLok"

They DON'T need hardware ilok.

"They are probably decent but nothing that you can't get from elsewhere."

What's wrong with SSL lol? Especially as we're talking SSL emus. The whole point of the question is the nuances between different vendors recreation of SSL hardware. Why are you posting in a thread you know nothing about? (rhetorical)
Are you their social media influencer?
The guys a dick obviously, so just letting him know.
Slow down Kenny.
If you are not interested in anyone response, just download the DEMO, use google and do not waste our time to answer your stupid questions.
His amazingly helpful response of "No", then a bunch of misinformation!! What planet are you from?
I'm inclined to agree with the direction of this thread and will likely act accordingly but you ought to know you would share most of the blame for that. For instance another douche bag, he's being a dick, what planet are you from are not conducive with expectations of getting helpful responses and you cant believe it will go on much longer :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

SSL plugins are intense. There are copycats, but not the real deal is the real deal. The X-EQ and X-Comp are still on my wanted list, in spite of owning SAND 3. Their 'new' verb seems interesting.

Other plugins are also excellent, but YMMV.

The Phase plugin? - can't understand what free ReaEQ's allpass filter ISN'T doing that it can - this IMO is the only hack plugin.

They are very well optimized and very stable plugins.

They USED to have sales. I bought the Buss Compressor one year for $29, and the drumstrip also went that low. I think they dropped sales since they went subscription. Not my style at all.

All in all, except the X-Phase, I'd say they are phenomenal plugins if you can afford them. I'd definitely have about 3 more from them.

We talk about SSL strips like once a month, this is a good thread to review
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=544708

Just wanted to add that the PA strips are not $hundreds. They typically go on sale for ~$50 or less, except for the latest one but it should go on a sale at some point this year.

And for Waves, the CLA Mixhub strip is very good. I think it uses IRs or something because otherwise I can't justify the massive CPU hit. Certainly in a different bracket compared to the original SSL strip from last decade. Probably mainly because they use way more CPU to play with for the newer version.

I don't have the old SSL but I have the CLA signature stuff that uses that console stuff as a sound platform, so I'm familiar with the sound, and the new one is much nicer - less gritty, less digital-harsh, a touch creamier, just smoother/natural overall and designed to respond well to abuse (crank things as hard as you want, it likes it). I haven't tried every single SSL thing out there but I cannot imagine anything sounds significantly better (most things probably can't match it, certainly not something made ~15 years ago).

THis message I got today to inbox. This guy is an idiot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Effects”