Acustica Audio N4 Update + 80% off sale.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

NEBULA - N4

In a galaxy...far away
N4 is our fastest-processing, best-performing, plug-in creation yet, a multi-effect plug-in in VST, AAX, and AU formats for macOS and Windows.

N4 emulates the character and personality of analog hardware with exacting accuracy, allowing you to emulate and replicate several types of expensive audio equipment, eliminating the need for costly and bulky studio hardware. Whether it is high-end outboard equalizers, classic compressors, the latest reverbs, or vintage time-variant effects like phasers and flangers,

N4 has them all. Experience the full power of our proprietary audio processing technology, based on Vectorial Volterra Kernels, and find out what Nebula technology can do for you! N4 is bundled with over 450 included emulations presets, you'll be adding the warmth of analog to your digital mixes in no time at all.

The result of this sampling process is highly realistic, complex emulations of many types of audio signal processes, captured and utilized all within N4 VST, AAX, or AU plug-in that is compatible with all major DAWs and non-linear editing software.

NEW Important Features (version 2.1.x):
-Windows 10 64-bits 1803 or superior.
-macOS 64-bits 10.10 or superior.
-Windows formats supported: VST2 64-bits, VST3 64-bits, and AAX 64-bits.
-macOS formats supported: VST2 64-bits, VST3 64-bits, AAX 64-bits, and AU 64-bits.

Universal Aquarius Engine (UAE) updated to the latest version.

JUCE framework upgraded to version 4.3.1.
Built with Xcode 10 for macOS.
Built with Visual Studio 2017 for Windows.
VST3 SDK upgraded to version 3.6.7.
AAX SDK upgraded to version 2.3.2.
N4 setups updated to the latest version.
Completely new I/O bus & channel management.
Support for VST3 64-bit processing interface.
Native side-chain support for AAX, VST3 and AU formats.
Support for adaptive latency.
Backward compatibility with N4 1st generation.
Quick plug-in information is available by clicking on the Acustica logo.
A lot of bug fixes and stability improvements.
N4 AU, VST2, and VST3 formats plugins are now signed for macOS Catalina or superior.
NOTE: technical specifications are subject to change.

IMPORTANT: MANDATORY REQUIREMENT AQUARIUS 2.5.018 VERSION OR SUPERIOR

Bundle features
Inside this bundle you will find:

N4 is a VST/AU/AAX multi-effect plug-in that is able to emulate and replicate several types of expensive audio equipment, eliminating the need for costly and bulky hardware. N4 uses libraries that are created using a sophisticated “sampling approach” making it possible to “record” aspects of the sound of audio devices and play them back. The result of this sampling process is highly realistic, complex emulations of many types of audio signal processes, captured and utilized all within a VST/AU/AAX plug-in that is compatible with all major DAW's and editing software.

The Cross-Platform Commercial Library is a 10 GB library with more than 450 different real hardware emulations sorted by category. Cross-Platform Commercial Library can be downloaded via Aquarius and include in detail:

72 pre-amps preset emulations, 78 equalizers preset emulations, 33 compressors preset emulations (24 YROY, 2 ROSE, 7 RELS), 20 tapes preset emulations, 30 filters preset emulations, 100 reverbs preset emulations, 90-time variant effect preset emulations like chorus, flangers, phasers. We are pleased to offer to all N4 customers new impressive commercial libraries, this pack includes our exclusive YROY (Yellow royale compressor library) (the best emulations by Acustica characterized by new gorgeous N4 skins).

Nebula 4 All special promo - 79.00€ [Reg. 399.00€] - Save a whopping 80% until June 12,2020 (11:59pm UTC+2)
LINK: https://www.acustica-audio.com/store/pr ... neb4server
Last edited by Acustica Community on Wed May 27, 2020 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:40 pm
Acustica Community wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:39 pm NEBULA - N4
LINK: https://www.acustica-audio.com/store...cts/neb4server
Your link doesn't work...

For anyone who has this, is it worth it at 79 euros? I wouldn't mind being able to use some of the Cupwise stuff.
Link updated https://www.acustica-audio.com/store/pr ... neb4server
Thank you for the heads up!

Got it for €63 :D
Signatures are so early 2000s.

Definitely a decent discount.
Take care :wink:

consordini wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:03 pm Definitely a decent discount.
Indeed! I feel like aside from the massive CPU hit and latency issues, the Nebula compressors and eqs are close enough to the real hardware to serve as replacements (maybe sacrificing a tiny bit of depth that's only obvious with a direct a/b).

The one place where real hardware IMO clearly shines is the mixbus. Get a real SSL or high quality clone like and Audioscape for best sound. To me on the mixbus hardware processing "breathes better", sounds bigger and more open, less congested on all the instruments being processed. Also, the real hardware seems to be "tighter" on low frequency content. Otherwise, N4 can do a splendid job in place of a lot expensive hardware chain.

Curious to know your thoughts.

Late night rant. Haha. Nebula for the win!
Last edited by AC222 on Thu May 28, 2020 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Double post.

AC222 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:39 am
Indeed! I feel like aside from the massive CPU hit and latency issues, the Nebula compressors and eqs are close enough to the real hardware to serve as replacements (maybe sacrificing a tiny bit of depth that's only obvious with a direct a/b).

The one place where real hardware IMO clearly shines is the mixbus. Get a real SSL or high quality clone like and Audioscape for best sound. To me on the mixbus hardware processing "breathes better", sounds bigger and more open, less congested on all the instruments being processed. Also, the real hardware seems to be "tighter" on low frequency content. Otherwise, N4 can do a splendid job in place of a lot expensive hardware chain.

Agreed but Nebula still does all that about 1000x better than algorithmic plugins :D

It depends on the libraries too.the Aqua's can be real hit or miss,but the Tim P libraries are more than 90% there for me.that last 10%i can get from just running a nice transformer based EQ across the master or on stems too
I

TIMT wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:40 am
AC222 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:39 am

Agreed but Nebula still does all that about 1000x better than algorithmic plugins :D

It depends on the libraries <span class="skimlinks-unlinked">too.the</span> Aqua's can be real hit or miss,but the Tim P libraries are more than 90% there for <span class="skimlinks-unlinked">me.that</span> last 10%i can get from just running a nice transformer based EQ across the master or on stems too
Yes! Totally agree. For closing the gap, for mix bus compression I find using a high quality compressor library as mentioned in conjunction with another high quality one, serial compression style (with one at a softer ratio does the trick). I like your idea of combining it with transformers it brings back in a little more depth but I opt for that approach for all other compressors (1176 or la2a with transformer) other than SSL style.

Kongru wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 5:20 pm Got it for €63 :D
I assume you have Acqua or other products to receive extra discount. Do Acquas run more efficient when run from N4?

What is your opinion on N4?
It says it's core 15 but some of the libraries are core 9.
How about ZL and standard, like Nebula 3 free that has 2 versions, Nebula and Nebula reverb, the latter uses less resources and adds a lot of latency, suited for mixing rather than tracking. Where the former is good for tracking and printing through.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

The Noodlist wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 12:50 pm
Kongru wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 5:20 pm Got it for €63 :D
I assume you have Acqua or other products to receive extra discount. Do Acquas run more efficient when run from N4?

What is your opinion on N4?
It says it's core 15 but some of the libraries are core 9.
How about ZL and standard, like Nebula 3 free that has 2 versions, Nebula and Nebula reverb, the latter uses less resources and adds a lot of latency, suited for mixing rather than tracking. Where the former is good for tracking and printing through.
Yup, 20% voucher. Haven't had the chance to dig into it yet as I'm working on a project on a weak Mac but when I get a chance to try it I'll let you know. :tu:
Signatures are so early 2000s.

N4 version 2.1.009 (R024) update is available!
Details:
• VST3 format is now compatible with Ableton Live 10 on Windows 10.
• Improved stability with Cubase Direct Offline Processing.
• Improved behaviour with Cubase mixer undo & redo on Nebula libraries for N4.
• General fixes and improved stability.
• Aquarius application version 2.5.020 is mandatory to install N4.
N4 Player
Fix: N4 Player version 2.1.009 (R024) available!
Details:
• VST3 format is now compatible with Ableton Live 10 on Windows 10.
• Improved stability with Cubase Direct Offline Processing.
• Improved behaviour with Cubase mixer undo & redo on Nebula libraries for N4.
• General fixes and improved stability.
• Aquarius application version 2.5.020 is mandatory to install N4.
https://www.acustica-audio.com/pages/changes

Mandatory install of N4, I think this is a step in the wrong direction.
Edited.
Last edited by The Noodlist on Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Noodlist wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:14 pm Mandatory install of N4, I think this is a step in the wrong direction.
The requirment is that Aquarius be installed in order to install N4. This is pretty much how all their products work. It's only a problem if you don't want to install Aquarius. I don't really see an issue with this... ??

plexuss wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:33 pm
The Noodlist wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:14 pm Mandatory install of N4, I think this is a step in the wrong direction.
The requirment is that Aquarius be installed in order to install N4. This is pretty much how all their products work. It's only a problem if you don't want to install Aquarius. I don't really see an issue with this... ??
My bad, I saw it as having to install N4 even if you didn't wants to..

Return to “Effects”