June Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

beanpole wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:12 am If you were submitting an entry using guitar and vocal can the guitar play rhythm and a melody line/solo at the same time time as long as it uses the same amp settings?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGoGyGSnVuA

wagtunes wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:39 am
The Noodlist wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:22 am
beanpole wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:12 am If you were submitting an entry using guitar and vocal can the guitar play rhythm and a melody line/solo at the same time time as long as it uses the same amp settings?
I was under the impression one instrument can be used multiple times.

I had an idea to use one guitar for all parts, lead, rhythm along with a pitch shifter for bass. Guitar synth presets on GT-8 for pads. Taps on the pickup for percussion, maybe added to a sampler for drums.
Doesn't that defeat the purpose of one instrument?

For that matter, I could take a piano, or any instrument capable of playing either chords or single notes. Run i through certain kinds of processors that would all me to make this one instrument sound like...

Drums
Bass
Guitar
Organ
Sax
Violin
Sitar
Tuba
Banjo
Cello
Trumpet

And put together a whole band and make a song.

What's the point?

Might as well just make it a free for all and do whatever we like.

Why are people trying to get around the spirit of what it is we're supposed to be doing...using ONE instrument?

You sit down, you play your guitar or you play your piano or whatever instrument you play, sing and make your song.

That's the true spirit of what we're SUPPOSED to be doing.

Otherwise, what's the point?
That's what you do anyway, all midi.
Guitar is not the same, a guitar has limited sounds, your midi keyboard is used a as a sampler.

Using the same stringed instrument for other purposes, such as percussion and bass trough manipulation.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Needs to be clarified, a solo instrument or the multiple use of one instrument/midi patch.

The Noodlist wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 12:55 pm Needs to be clarified, a solo instrument or the multiple use of one instrument/midi patch.
it was, bottom of page 1.
multiple uses of same instrument/patch.

vocalist can be alien, so i assume the instrumentalist can too, quark zargons have 32 hands, conversely only 4 fingers...

vurt wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:07 pm
The Noodlist wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 12:55 pm Needs to be clarified, a solo instrument or the multiple use of one instrument/midi patch.

vocalist can be alien, so i assume the instrumentalist can too, quark zargons have 32 hands, conversely only 4 fingers...
Well, then IMO, this goes against the spirit or at least the point of having one instrument. Read my post above. No point in repeating myself.

wagtunes wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:08 pm

Well, then IMO, this goes against the spirit or at least the point of having one instrument. Read my post above. No point in repeating myself.
im just pointing out what hellfog said.
im sure he will clarify everything fully in the subs thread.

Yeah, I thought it was so, that was my interpretation. Got caught up in fake news.
One instrument......
https://youtu.be/L0wTDn2X5tg

Well, my thought was using the same instrument and patch multiple times, but the rules are not set in stone yet so we can change it to only One instrument/patch one time if you want that.

One instrument/patch one time?

or

One instrument/patch multiple times?

multiple!!!

Hellfog wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:11 pm Well, my thought was using the same instrument and patch multiple times, but the rules are not set in stone yet so we can change it to only One instrument/patch one time if you want that.

or

I don't care. IMO, multiple patches makes it pointless as I explained in my post in the previous page. But if that's what the majority wants, so be it. In that case, however, I won't be participating. I don't see the point.

wagtunes wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:27 pm
Hellfog wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:11 pm Well, my thought was using the same instrument and patch multiple times, but the rules are not set in stone yet so we can change it to only One instrument/patch one time if you want that.

or

I don't care. IMO, multiple patches makes it pointless as I explained in my post in the previous page. But if that's what the majority wants, so be it. In that case, however, I won't be participating. I don't see the point.
what if its limited to two?
to give guitarists a chance at rhythm and lead?
therefore its the same as a pianist having the two hands?

and not multiple patches btw, same patch played multiple times. so it was "one instrument" where the preset is the instrument not the synth.

even i would have been against multiple patches.
its about getting the most out of one timbre :)

vurt wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:31 pm

or

I'd actually have no problem with that as you saw in the video it is possible to play chords and lead at the same time, albeit that's gotta be really hard to do.

But sure, I would be fine with that.

wagtunes wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:34 pm
vurt wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:31 pm

or

I'd actually have no problem with that as you saw in the video it is possible to play chords and lead at the same time, albeit that's gotta be really hard to do.

But sure, I would be fine with that.
:tu:

its hard enough playing one or the other, let alone both together, that guy is a genius!

vurt wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:32 pm and not multiple patches btw, same patch played multiple times. so it was "one instrument" where the preset is the instrument not the synth.

even i would have been against multiple patches.
its about getting the most out of one timbre :)
Well, I think that was a given. At least I hope it was.

But since you brought it up, I wouldn't be against a one synth or one instrument challenge like they do over at the Instruments sub forum. Of course this would put guitarists at a disadvantage so I don't think they'd go for it.

Return to “Music Cafe”