New Waves StudioRack

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ah_Dziz wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:56 pmIs it v11?
Yes. That was the point of it as the old StudioRack is still V9.2 and people were constantly bugging them about it in the Waves forums.
No signature here!

zvenx wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 12:17 am
Waves plugins: StudioRack v11 supports Waves v11 and v10 plugins.

Third-party plugins: StudioRack v11 supports 64-bit plugins only, and therefore does not currently support any third-party plugins. 32-bit SoundGrid-compatible plugins by other manufacturers will be supported in the future, pending the manufacturers’ schedule.
https://www.waves.com/plugins/studiorack#tab-tech-specs
Thanks.

But I am not sure what that means to be honest.
Cause in Cubendo I can't use anything BUT 64 bit plugins, and unless there is some setting I haven't checked, I dont' see any of my third party plugins available in StudioRack.
Third-party plugins: StudioRack v11 supports 64-bit plugins only, and therefore does not currently support any third-party plugins. 32-bit SoundGrid-compatible plugins by other manufacturers will be supported in the future, pending the manufacturers’ schedule.
Unless part of it is missing. I don't quite grasp it.... as is. since my third party plugins don't show up.
Would be great to be wrong about this.
Waves plugins only. And later third-party Soundgrid supported plugins, which there are not that many yet. Theoretically it means that if PA and others make more plugins Soundgrid compatible, then you can use those too. If Waves does not add support for general VST hosting, which I highly doubt.
https://www.waves.com/support/soundgrid ... ty-plugins
No signature here!

Given the Waves only plugin version is free.
I'm waiting for the $99 (almost always discounted to $29) version that supports third party plugins. Much like PA did with Gig Performer.

rollasoc wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:34 am Given the Waves only plugin version is free.
I'm waiting for the $99 (almost always discounted to $29) version that supports third party plugins. Much like PA did with Gig Performer.
Yeah but PA bought gig performer open, and needed to just dumb it down to limit it to PA plugs.

They need to put in the effort here

I’d pay 29$ for it NOW.

robotmonkey wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:29 am ...........

Waves plugins only. And later third-party Soundgrid supported plugins, which there are not that many yet. Theoretically it means that if PA and others make more plugins Soundgrid compatible, then you can use those too. If Waves does not add support for general VST hosting, which I highly doubt.
https://www.waves.com/support/soundgrid ... ty-plugins
Ahh. soundgrid is its own format.
rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

Wow, I'm really impressed with this. Obviously Waves is far from the first to the table with a plugin-chainer, but they did a great job with this! I can't stop messing around with this. I've already created a 1-stop buss-multing effect, and a dub delay with a compressor that increases its ratio as the feedback builds up. Fun!

Obviously it would be amazing to have any VST/AU available to use in this, but it's plenty powerful with whatever Waves you have (hopefully some form of bundle), and this does spare you having to scan all your third-party plugins, which can cause stability issues as well.

Does this work with any version of Waves plugins or do they have to be V11?

Waves wrote:Supported Plugins
Waves plugins: StudioRack v11 supports Waves v11 and v10 plugins.

Return to “Effects”