Regarding obtaining a licensed DAW, even if outdated in version.

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Years ago as a youth I used FL Studio 12, had no idea it is already at version 20.

I am most comfortable with FL as my DAW but cannot afford the 180 EUR needed to obtain the licensing for version 20. 192.168.10.1 192.168.1.1 10.0.0.0.1

My question is, are there any channels I can purchase legal licenses for older versions or do something to be able to use the DAW again? I am very much against pirated software - so either I use licensed proper installations or give up on the idea.

I get that V20 must be very outdated by now but will still work me a charm if I had it - licensed and proper as it should be. Any vendors or channels out there selling legitimate license keys out there for older versions of FL? Any tips?

Some info would be greatly appreciated!

FL 12 was released 2015, FL 20 2018, FL only have one for life licence and you can use whatever version you want.

Yeah, as said above. Free upgrade versions forever is one of FL's selling points.

https://www.image-line.com/flstudio/lif ... pdates.php

Oh, and page also says they went from FL12 to FL20 with no intermediate versions. So 12 isnt going to be that outdated.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Also one can't sell FL licence, so you need to buy from them anyways.

If you really need this DAW, work one month and buy it, it's bargain, you get every next version of FL for rest of your life, there's not much countries in the world left where you can't earn 200-300 euros a month, summer jobs are now going full blast, use the demo and than buy it when you get first paycheck.

There's free Cakewalk DAW which is fully featured DAW that costed 500 bucks until recently, there's tons of quality free tools to make music, if you need any help to get you going in that direction, you came to the right place, also if you need cheap gear for your studio, whatever, these days you can have amazing setup for cheap, this is awesome times for music making!

https://www.bandlab.com/products/cakewalk

Cakewalk has been getting regular updates, and with
lengthy change-lists. Has some nice extras and a large
knowledge base to draw from on through their forum.
I've had good results communicating with support staff.

Quite a few commercial companies do far less,
and charge many $$$$
Cheers

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”