keyboard controller WITH Audio Interface in one - why not?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey, I am firing up all my midi vst composing work after years (so out of the loop a bit), I was looking for a smaller desktop keyboard for fast use when ideas come. But I noticed now unlike with my old Novation which had an audio interface built into the keyboard controller - which allow me to do a little mic in and guitar in with my mainly midi work, most out there are just midi controllers and you need to buy a separate audio interface. Are there still kb controllers and audio interfaces in one units ( I was having trouble finding them except for Behringer). Is it wise if you are trying to have a small desktop footprint to have both in one. The ASIO on the Novation seemed great, so not sure why they do not combine. Any recommendations for a slim one for desktop or laptop use ( 25 keys)? Or how I get both separately that is budget-wise and small footprint.

I should have mentioned that I am on a Windows 10 PC ( as I also do AI and 3d graphics, ...) - so from I have gleaned the IK stuff is terrible for Windows and they do not even give you a driver for ASIO and Ik support suggests to use the awful ASIOforAll. So this one looks like a no go. Anyone using with Windows that has better experiences.

The Access Virus is a soundcard and controller as well as synth.
It's damn expensive though

Yeah, the Ultranova was the one.

Adding an audio interface costs $ and adds complexity. Most people have an interface already.

i am wrong with an earlier post - I just checked an as of Apr 30 2020 ( so they finally got one) - IK multimedia now has a windows ASIO driver. quite new - so seeing if anyone has had success with it.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”