IK Multimedia & Joe Satriani want to hear from you!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jamcat wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 5:45 pm
telecode wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 1:07 pm i fail to see how this is going to fail. you can't do a huge marketing push on a product with a big name star for 6 months and then silently shut it down and swipe under the carpet and never release it. it would do damage to the company, its products and the star.
How quickly some forget the aborted AmpliTube Esteban.
I hear that Amplitube Esteban got aborted because the modeling didn't meet Esteban's high standards. Oh, and because he didn't have time because his tour was canceled after his album release. :wink:

IK Multimedia & Joe Satriani your Pre-Orderers want to hear from you!
Say NO to CLAP!

Now they should have it ready in June :hihi:

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php? ... ent=131957
Say NO to CLAP!

jinotsuh wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:54 pm Now they should have it ready in June :hihi:

Really interesting. So our speculation was correct.
Perhaps some improved modeling techniques will come out of this that benefits all IK models.
I really think it has something to do with the low end lacking bite, because it's really quite noticeable. Good on Joe if he was the one to finally call them out on it.

It's also interesting that Peter is still posting somewhere. So maybe he's been hiding from KVR, but at least we know now that he still has a job.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

"Low-end bite" sounds like an oxymoron. Can you give examples?

What I mean is the lower strings aren’t punchy like they should be. Power chords on the E string lack power, attack and definition, and don’t hit as hard as they should.

jamcat wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:44 am
jinotsuh wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:54 pm Now they should have it ready in June :hihi:

Really interesting. So our speculation was correct.
Perhaps some improved modeling techniques will come out of this that benefits all IK models.
I really think it has something to do with the low end lacking bite, because it's really quite noticeable. Good on Joe if he was the one to finally call them out on it.

It's also interesting that Peter is still posting somewhere. So maybe he's been hiding from KVR, but at least we know now that he still has a job.
Cool. Maybe Joe instilled a stronger effort out of IKM to improve Amplitube and users shoul see all around benefits to the program in future updates.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Joe was pissed off that every preset included AT components he hadn't brought yet.

Luckily, he could easily demo and buy them!
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

jamcat wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:36 am What I mean is the lower strings aren’t punchy like they should be. Power chords on the E string lack power, attack and definition, and don’t hit as hard as they should.
Do you have any examples of what a hard-hitting vs non-hard-hitting power chord sounds like? I don't quite know what that means in practice.

For "not enough definition on low strings", I believe this is a widespread issue with real amps and usually addressed by adding a tubescreamer.

revvy wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:00 am Joe was pissed off that every preset included AT components he hadn't brought yet.

:party: :lol:

vurt wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:50 am
revvy wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:00 am Joe was pissed off that every preset included AT components he hadn't brought yet.

Silly me too typing brought for bought lol

I wouldn't get any online writing jobs.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

revvy wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:05 pm
vurt wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:50 am

Silly me too typing brought for bought lol

I wouldn't get any online writing jobs.
yeah. you are fired bruh. IKM don't want your kind round here. :hihi:

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

imrae wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:42 am
jamcat wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:36 am What I mean is the lower strings aren’t punchy like they should be. Power chords on the E string lack power, attack and definition, and don’t hit as hard as they should.
Do you have any examples of what a hard-hitting vs non-hard-hitting power chord sounds like? I don't quite know what that means in practice.

For "not enough definition on low strings", I believe this is a widespread issue with real amps and usually addressed by adding a tubescreamer.
Here is a really good source:
Marshall JC800
Marshall JCM900
Marshall Silver Jubilee
Marshall JTM45

These examples (middle of the page) are from Marshall, with the amp out recorded direct then run through Celestion impulses.
The settings are given for each example. You can dial the settings in yourself in AmpliTube using the Brit 8000, Brit 9000, Brit Silver, and Red Pig/JH Gold, respectively, to compare.

Some tones are pretty close, and others are considerably weaker, particularly the Silver.

If this is as close as the Joe Satriani amps were getting, it's no wonder Joe hasn't been ready to sign off yet.

And here are the sorts of tones we should be expecting from the Satriani model:
Marshall JVM 410H

This isn't the JS version, though. Marshall doesn't have audio examples for that one. The JVM 410HJS, by comparison, is voiced more open and natural, less compressed, lighter mids, but overall similar in tone to the standard JVM 410H.

I sincerely hope that Joe holds IK's feet to the fire until they nail all of his gear and they are able to take what they learn and apply it to all of the existing amp models that are worth keeping (AT4 and "certified"/artist models). And they can throw the older models in the garbage for AmpliTube 5.

Then maybe Esteban will finally sign off on that QVC Esteban G-10 amp model!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfJDF2NN9mU

Joe Satriani!

Lol!

I mean, I remember when he was one of the top meedly-meeeeee meedlers amongst teenage dorks years and years ago, but it's quite shocking to me that anybody still listens to him! How hilarious!

What next? Malmsteen? Via?

Funny stuff.

ZargonTheMagnificent wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 9:10 am Joe Satriani!

Lol!

I mean, I remember when he was one of the top meedly-meeeeee meedlers amongst teenage dorks years and years ago, but it's quite shocking to me that anybody still listens to him! How hilarious!

What next? Malmsteen? Via?

Funny stuff.
i listen to them all. Actually, Malmsteen has turned in a class act. Very nice guy. I always thought we was the ego centrc shredded dude. check out his FB pages during the islolation. he even pulls out a soderng gun and cracks open his own guitar and replaced a pickup. LoL.

FWIW.. all those guys seem much cooler today than pretty much all the members of Van Halen or G&R put together.

Return to “Effects”