RAPID Synthesizer | Granular Synthesis. First Audio Preview.

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
clipnotic
KVRist
352 posts since 19 Sep, 2007 from Germany

Post Mon May 25, 2020 5:12 am

parawave wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 9:25 am
More are planned. There are at least two or three being worked on. The only reason we haven't released ones more frequently is because it's hard to find reliable sound designers experienced with unique preset design. Not searching for the best, or the most well know, or even the cheapest. It's all about reliability. Doesn't help if the sound designer is creating presets like a maniac if he doesn't care about QA, or we still have to do 50% of the work to assemble a content mess.
I think the "problem" is the "unique" demand! I would buy "unique" sounds, but most preset buyers want sounds they know from tracks they like! That's the reason plugins like Nexus or Avenger are so "successful". Also meanwhile every mainstream and underground electronic music genre is available as presets and samples! And I know that, because I almost have everything for many genres. The only differences especially with presets are the quality and the requirements of the plugins. That's the only reason, I'm still looking for and buying new presets and VSTs. And Rapid is a very good quality synth!
VST developers need more motivation and best motivation is hardcore criticism! :D
My english is terrible, feel free to correct me! :wink:

Caine123
KVRAF
6296 posts since 5 Aug, 2009

Re: RAPID Synthesizer | Granular Synthesis. Soon.

Post Mon May 25, 2020 8:11 am

clipnotic wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 5:12 am
parawave wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 9:25 am
More are planned. There are at least two or three being worked on. The only reason we haven't released ones more frequently is because it's hard to find reliable sound designers experienced with unique preset design. Not searching for the best, or the most well know, or even the cheapest. It's all about reliability. Doesn't help if the sound designer is creating presets like a maniac if he doesn't care about QA, or we still have to do 50% of the work to assemble a content mess.
I think the "problem" is the "unique" demand! I would buy "unique" sounds, but most preset buyers want sounds they know from tracks they like! That's the reason plugins like Nexus or Avenger are so "successful". Also meanwhile every mainstream and underground electronic music genre is available as presets and samples! And I know that, because I almost have everything for many genres. The only differences especially with presets are the quality and the requirements of the plugins. That's the only reason, I'm still looking for and buying new presets and VSTs. And Rapid is a very good quality synth!
thats why it would be great that more sound designers jump on it. but it is of course dependant on:

1. how worth is it for them? how big is the cut and how many customers?
2. is RAPID a product which sucks in a lot of XP buyers? (check refx/vengeance they seem to have a lot of buyers so sound designers might jump on there to do xps instead for RAPID)

a product needs definitely first xps and presets for the masses! i dont like that but it is how you can get a lot of attention sadly. check Sylenth1, check Serum, they got a lot of attention cause these are great products but also because many popular artists use them and are used to show how to get this sound and that in these vsts.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

clipnotic
KVRist
352 posts since 19 Sep, 2007 from Germany

Re: RAPID Synthesizer | Granular Synthesis. Soon.

Post Mon May 25, 2020 8:28 am

That's right, especially for Sylenth and Serum are many soundbanks available, but I'm buying different genres for them, Sylenth for mainstream stuff and Serum for experimental and DnB.

Meanwhile many popular artists are using presets and samples, too. Okay, nobody knows, if the artist create it first and the preset was only cloned, but you can buy everything, the sounds and thousands of full harmony midi files, a good example are Trance genres, Uplifting, Euphoric, Psy and so on. And it's really easy to import some midi files and if you like some, you load some preset banks and after one hour, you have a good basis for a new track. Perhaps the popular artists sell them, because they don't make much money with selling their full tracks? :D
VST developers need more motivation and best motivation is hardcore criticism! :D
My english is terrible, feel free to correct me! :wink:

starflakeprj
KVRian
1487 posts since 28 Feb, 2015

Re: RAPID Synthesizer | Granular Synthesis. Soon.

Post Mon May 25, 2020 10:57 am

clipnotic wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 8:28 am
That's right, especially for Sylenth and Serum are many soundbanks available, but I'm buying different genres for them, Sylenth for mainstream stuff and Serum for experimental and DnB.
Unfortunately most of them sucks really bad. 1 out of 50 expansions for Serum, Sylenth, Massive and Spire contains enough quality to purchase. Problem is I have bought a couple of them after listening to the demo (which has been convincing, so they have done a great job there), and then many of the sound have been useless.

Example of good ones though are for Avenger, Nexus, AAS synths, Tone2 synths and I'm sure Rapid should be able to attract sound designers like Aiyn Zahev, Simon Stockhausen, Richard Devine, BigTone and more, as long as the gain for them is big enough.
Intel Core i7-4930K@4.1GHz | 64GB DDR3 | Windows 10 Pro | Arturia AudioFuse | Arturia KeyLab mkII | Arturia SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM | Studio One 4.6 | Reason 11.3 | Bitwig Studio 3.2 | Reaper 6.1 | Renoise 3.1 | FL Studio 20.7 | ~900 VSTs | ~300+ REs

starflakeprj
KVRian
1487 posts since 28 Feb, 2015

Re: RAPID Synthesizer | Granular Synthesis. Soon.

Post Mon May 25, 2020 10:58 am

...and as always, my votes for expansions to release are psytrance and synth/retrowave, as well as cinematic, ambient and soundscapes.
Intel Core i7-4930K@4.1GHz | 64GB DDR3 | Windows 10 Pro | Arturia AudioFuse | Arturia KeyLab mkII | Arturia SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM | Studio One 4.6 | Reason 11.3 | Bitwig Studio 3.2 | Reaper 6.1 | Renoise 3.1 | FL Studio 20.7 | ~900 VSTs | ~300+ REs

clipnotic
KVRist
352 posts since 19 Sep, 2007 from Germany

Re: RAPID Synthesizer | Granular Synthesis. Soon.

Post Mon May 25, 2020 12:02 pm

starflakeprj wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 10:57 am
Unfortunately most of them sucks really bad. 1 out of 50 expansions for Serum, Sylenth, Massive and Spire contains enough quality to purchase. Problem is I have bought a couple of them after listening to the demo (which has been convincing, so they have done a great job there), and then many of the sound have been useless.

Example of good ones though are for Avenger, Nexus, AAS synths, Tone2 synths and I'm sure Rapid should be able to attract sound designers like Aiyn Zahev, Simon Stockhausen, Richard Devine, BigTone and more, as long as the gain for them is big enough.
Yes, there is much crap available and I bought shit, too. But that was learning and meanwhile I know where I get sounds I like. For example, I'm collecting Bigtone sounds since many years, except the Avenger expansions, because there's no sound in the demos, I like., but some other expansions are really good. Okay, I also bought soundbanks, because I wanted only one sound from them, for example one Nexus expansion, but that's a sound which is not possible to program without the samples they used for it. :D
VST developers need more motivation and best motivation is hardcore criticism! :D
My english is terrible, feel free to correct me! :wink:

kiezum
KVRian
535 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Re: RAPID Synthesizer | Granular Synthesis. Soon.

Post Mon May 25, 2020 12:16 pm

My favorite sounddesigner: Howard Scarr (U-He)

The Serum presets I bought from 7skies (and KHSMR) and John “Skippy” Lehmkuhl are all great.

cb8rwh
KVRist
406 posts since 25 Apr, 2005

Re: RAPID Synthesizer | Granular Synthesis. Soon.

Post Wed May 27, 2020 12:45 am

There is something not quite right about the mono legato. I want a preset that has a long release, legato (glide) when over lapping notes and no legato (no glide) when the notes don't overlap.

In Rapid, if I set a long release, then switch on mono legato when the notes overlap it works as expected. If the notes don't overlap and the note is still releasing when you press a different key, it is not longer mono - the release tail interacts with the new note. This is with the note 'Limit' set to >1. If you set the note 'Limit' to one then it always glides between notes, whether they overlap or not and if 'Glide Always' is checked or not.

Is there a different way to set up this scenario correctly in Rapid? In other synths (depending on how they are set up) it's just a matter of selecting mono/mono legato, setting a glide and you are done. No matter the tail length the new note will always cut off the previous note.

THE INTRANCER
KVRian
1494 posts since 30 Dec, 2014

Re: RAPID Synthesizer | NEW Cinematic Exposure XT

Post Thu May 28, 2020 11:26 am

parawave wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 9:39 am

It got a bit quiet here, so here are some good news. It was on the road map since the initial release.
Now finally. Granular Synthesis!

There will be more information on it in the next days/week. Also some audio examples.
Hate to point out the obvious but, it's been over a week now... :hihi:
THE INTRANCER - Studio One Blog Completed - New Dedicated Website In Development | New Sci-Fi Film In Development Soundcloud 28 | Soundclick 16 | Sound Monitoring FOH at UK Stadium/Festivals for Carl Cox, FatBoy Slim ect -

Caine123
KVRAF
6296 posts since 5 Aug, 2009

Re: RAPID Synthesizer | NEW Cinematic Exposure XT

Post Fri May 29, 2020 1:55 am

THE INTRANCER wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 11:26 am
parawave wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 9:39 am

It got a bit quiet here, so here are some good news. It was on the road map since the initial release.
Now finally. Granular Synthesis!

There will be more information on it in the next days/week. Also some audio examples.
Hate to point out the obvious but, it's been over a week now... :hihi:
:party: :clap: :hyper: :tu:
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

SLiC
KVRAF
5259 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Re: RAPID Synthesizer | Granular Synthesis. Soon.

Post Fri May 29, 2020 1:59 am

Its great to see the Rapid thread alive with antici….........….pation
Maybe Parawave can get a forum here on KVR so we can discuss different things on separate threads!
Win 10 PC+ Surface with an X32 Desk, BWS, Live and Studio One, Hardware Synths + Eurorack, TD27 V Drums, Guitars, Basses and Amps

keel
KVRian
827 posts since 27 Oct, 2004 from Inside the kick drum

Re: RAPID Synthesizer | Granular Synthesis. Soon.

Post Fri May 29, 2020 2:12 am

Is there new sale coming soon?

SLiC
KVRAF
5259 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Re: RAPID Synthesizer | Granular Synthesis. Soon.

Post Fri May 29, 2020 2:28 am

keel wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 2:12 am
Is there new sale coming soon?
Nothing has been mentioned on that but....
Granular + MSEG + Sale = lots of new users! :tu:
Win 10 PC+ Surface with an X32 Desk, BWS, Live and Studio One, Hardware Synths + Eurorack, TD27 V Drums, Guitars, Basses and Amps

Caine123
KVRAF
6296 posts since 5 Aug, 2009

Re: RAPID Synthesizer | Granular Synthesis. Soon.

Post Fri May 29, 2020 3:09 am

SLiC wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 1:59 am
Its great to see the Rapid thread alive with antici….........….pation
Maybe Parawave can get a forum here on KVR so we can discuss different things on separate threads!
It is also good to have this thread here too so people who dont know it learn about it and also show other devs how it is made !
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123
KVRAF
6296 posts since 5 Aug, 2009

Re: RAPID Synthesizer | Granular Synthesis. Soon.

Post Fri May 29, 2020 3:10 am

SLiC wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 2:28 am
keel wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 2:12 am
Is there new sale coming soon?
Nothing has been mentioned on that but....
Granular + MSEG + Sale = lots of new users! :tu:
Hopefully, maybe some new ex-avengers :hihi: :tu:
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Return to “Instruments”