Arturia FX Collection Demo and Review - Analogue Heaven?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
creativesauce
KVRist
111 posts since 7 Feb, 2019

Post Fri May 29, 2020 1:46 am

Hi folks! Recently I've been trying out Arturia's FX Collection, which has a distinctly analogue theme. So I made a demo for you to check out - let me know what you think!

WATCH HERE: https://youtu.be/Lyo-vSn4AZs

SLiC
KVRAF
5192 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Re: Arturia FX Collection Demo and Review - Analogue Heaven?

Post Fri May 29, 2020 2:19 am

That was realy good, great to see FX reviewed in a musical context (being used rather than analysed!)
You just got a like and a new subscriber!

I think the Arturia FX looked realy good and I have the V collection for synths but just haven't felt the need to go for these as I have so many FX already...probably a great deal foe someone just starting out that doesn't already have compressors, delays and reverbs....but a tough sell against the Soundtoys rack deal (199USD) and the new (V2) UHE FX (also probably with a rack)
Win 10 PC+ Surface with an X32 Desk, BWS, Live and Studio One, Hardware Synths + Eurorack, TD27 V Drums, Guitars, Basses and Amps

jens
KVRAF
20066 posts since 12 Jul, 2003 from West Caprazumia

Post Fri May 29, 2020 4:24 am

SLiC wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 2:19 am
I think the Arturia FX looked realy good and I have the V collection for synths but just haven't felt the need to go for these as I have so many FX already...probably a great deal foe someone just starting out that doesn't already have compressors, delays and reverbs...
I have an über-sized truck chock-full of plugins and these are certainly amongst the top of my GoTo plugins… they simply do everything right.

creativesauce
KVRist

Post Sat May 30, 2020 8:57 am

SLiC wrote:
That was realy good, great to see FX reviewed in a musical context (being used rather than analysed!)
You just got a like and a new subscriber!

I think the Arturia FX looked realy good and I have the V collection for synths but just haven't felt the need to go for these as I have so many FX already...probably a great deal foe someone just starting out that doesn't already have compressors, delays and reverbs....but a tough sell against the Soundtoys rack deal (199USD) and the new (V2) UHE FX (also probably with a rack)
Hey, thanks for taking a look. I agree, we are spoilt for choice!

creativesauce
KVRist

Post Sat May 30, 2020 8:58 am

jens wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 4:24 am
SLiC wrote:
I think the Arturia FX looked realy good and I have the V collection for synths but just haven't felt the need to go for these as I have so many FX already...probably a great deal foe someone just starting out that doesn't already have compressors, delays and reverbs...
I have an über-sized truck chock-full of plugins and these are certainly amongst the top of my GoTo plugins… they simply do everything right.
Same here - that Intensity reverb especially!

jens
KVRAF

Post Sat May 30, 2020 10:39 am

Yeah, Intensity is a nice surprise - it's has a tendency to be somewhat one-trick-pony-ish, however it's a fantastic trick I'm not getting tired of too quickly…

But also all the analog-modelled stuff is top-notch - the VCA-65's Time Warp alone imo basically renders the bundle indispensable for me. This in combination with the Wet-Dry control is my dirty little secret for cleanish guitar… (gosh - please unread that right now!)
Last edited by jens on Sat May 30, 2020 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

TIMT
KVRian
742 posts since 8 Mar, 2009

Post Sat May 30, 2020 10:40 am

I like the modulation fx(that memory brigade emu...)and the reverb(especially INTENSITY)is a really nice reverb.i thought the preamps were crap though and i didn't think much of the compressors besides liking the sound of things just running through their Sta emu.the DBX was ok but i have and prefer the UAD emu.
I

jens
KVRAF

Post Sat May 30, 2020 10:41 am

The preamps/EQs imo are brilliant too!

ssl4000
KVRist
66 posts since 7 Aug, 2011

Post Sun May 31, 2020 1:46 am

The GUIs on these plugins are so beautiful and realistic, they almost feel like real gear

consordini
KVRist
323 posts since 6 May, 2020

Post Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:14 am

The GUI is definitely a treat to look at. And it sounds great, so a win-win.
Take care :wink:

simon.a.billington
KVRAF
1900 posts since 12 Nov, 2014

Post Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:53 am

Yeah I have the Arturia effects as well, and I do quite like them. They get used quite a lot at the moment. Not just because they are new, but because they also offer extra creative features.

Return to “Effects”