Windows Update 2004 now available

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

4damind wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:55 am Okay, I was brave and updated. Ilok reported an error during the installation, but works without problems. Everything else works without problems.
Yeah was gonna flag this too ... Update all went well, was a little concerned with the above reference to NVidia comparability - though after looking at the release notes ( https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/window ... 418msgdesc ) it seems to only affect very old version of the drivers (v358.00 - FYI my 8 year old laptop which hasn't had videocard updates for a couple of years now is on v394)

But yeah an FYI for iLok users that have the key plugged in during install (not a problem, just something to point out so you don't get worried as I did!): Mid way through the first of the two reboots, during the installation you'll get a dialogue box complaining that iLok can't run on two operating systems simultaneously - just ignore it and the installation will continue in the background - and all will be well after the second reboot of the install.

Does this update have the long-awaited UI overhaul?

EDIT: Doesn't seem so from the update log. :(
Last edited by LoveEnigma18 on Fri May 29, 2020 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Whatcha mean? :)

chk071 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:40 am Whatcha mean? :)
If you asked me, check this: https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/19/2118 ... eo-changes

:)

Ah, I didn't see that yet. Nice stuff. Might be coming for the next big update then.

BTW, the new application icons which got teased there are already in it.

Oh, nice to know that. Looking forward to updating to 2004 soon then. After having watched macOS UI from all the music related tutorial videos(love it, it's so beautiful!), I really wish Windows 10 brings the much-needed UI refresh soon.

Windows 10 hit a billion users - wow!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:31 am Oh, nice to know that. Looking forward to updating to 2004 soon then.
Mind that I mean the application icons only though. Not the live tiles, or any of the other UI elements teased in the article.

What I mean are these:
Win_10_app_icons.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

chk071 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:41 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:31 am Oh, nice to know that. Looking forward to updating to 2004 soon then.
Mind that I mean the application icons only though. Not the live tiles, or any of the other UI elements teased in the article.

What I mean are these:

Win_10_app_icons.png
Oh well. That does not help much, thanks for the clarification. Will not hurry to update. :)

Your decision. :) There's lots of other stuff in there as well (albeit not much which is actually "visible"). https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/window ... rsion-2004

Poorly tested.
The media creation tool even threw an error upon finishing installation to the USB (both USB and install are fine).

Please tell me I'm not the only person who had to re-parse and re-interpret the title... :hihi:
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

I got it the first time...

...just not this time.

And here comes the update for mere mortals. My "main desktop" is "ready" for it according to Microsoft (my "old" machine, according to me) but my live desktop is "not yet ready" (my rather cutting edge machine).

And yes, I'm giving it a go on the main desktop.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:44 am
chk071 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:40 am Whatcha mean? :)
If you asked me, check this: https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/19/2118 ... eo-changes

:)
Some of these improvements (like black background tiles, and more colorful icons, transparency, etc.) are being implemented gradually, and many are already there.

My guess is that we will see all these changes coming gradually with regular updates, rather than all of a sudden.
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”