Plugin Alliance Maintenance Update

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Resizable GUIs still really needed: bx_2098 EQ, Elysia Alpha / Museq / Mpressor, SPL Passeq

NeonNightflyer wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:43 pm
Scarlet Pumpernickel wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:40 pm Anybody has any idea, what does this mean:
"Fixed reverb type being lost when moving instances to other slots
bx_townhouse Buss Compressor" ?
That's in reference to bx_rooMS, not Townhouse. Townhouse received a scalable UI update.
Can I get a hallelujah!

zvenx wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:47 pm Yeah my consoles were at 125% for months already.
Haha true, I see it was added back in November 2019... Well, no matter, all is well! :D

Scarlet Pumpernickel wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:28 am
NeonNightflyer wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:43 pm
Scarlet Pumpernickel wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:40 pm Anybody has any idea, what does this mean:
"Fixed reverb type being lost when moving instances to other slots
bx_townhouse Buss Compressor" ?
That's in reference to bx_rooMS, not Townhouse. Townhouse received a scalable UI update.
Can I get a hallelujah!
I edited the OP to make things clearer.
My fault just to copy and paste their mail.

wow, i'm interested in PA plugins again. maybe. bx_townhouse is downright unusable. did they redo the GUI or did they leave it as brutally stupid as it is but just allowed us to make it slightly bigger? because there's so much wasted space and knobs are so tiny that i'm not sure a resizable GUI would even come close to fixing usability issues of that plugin... did they also fix the knob resolution on the Millenia compressor while enabling resizing the GUI?
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:58 am wow, i'm interested in PA plugins again. maybe. bx_townhouse is downright unusable. did they redo the GUI or did they leave it as brutally stupid as it is but just allowed us to make it slightly bigger? because there's so much wasted space and knobs are so tiny that i'm not sure a resizable GUI would even come close to fixing usability issues of that plugin... did they also fix the knob resolution on the Millenia compressor while enabling resizing the GUI?
I dont know if it might help you to get the idea about size but here are 2 pictures. First one is original 100% size and the other is 150% which is the largest size.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

So, they didn't fix anything about the poor usability of the plugin - just increased the overall size. thanks! (still not interested in bx_townhouse then)
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

MogwaiBoy wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:55 pm Resizable GUIs still really needed: bx_2098 EQ, Elysia Alpha / Museq / Mpressor, SPL Passeq
the maag eqs are also very tiny :pray:

Burillo wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:47 am So, they didn't fix anything about the poor usability of the plugin - just increased the overall size. thanks! (still not interested in bx_townhouse then)
why is it not usable? personally I love it and the bigger GUI is perfect for my older eyes :shrug:
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

MogwaiBoy wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:55 pm Resizable GUIs still really needed: bx_2098 EQ, Elysia Alpha / Museq / Mpressor, SPL Passeq
BAX EQ too.. that thing is tiny.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Calenberger wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:18 am I edited the OP to make things clearer.
My fault just to copy and paste their mail.
No worry, that was probably due to my lack of reading skills, but thank you in any case.

bmanic wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:49 am
BAX EQ too.. that thing is tiny.
Maag, Millennia and the Dangerous stuff too.

rsp
sound sculptist

It would be great if we could get oversampling in VSM-3 but I won't hold my breath, theres a reason the UAD version sounds slightly better. Oversampling seems to have the most impact in distortion type effects, so this would be nice. All the Elysia stuff internally oversamples which is nice.

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

mcbpete wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:01 pm Anyone having issues with DearVR (either the Music or Pro version) - Goes super crunchy on this build and hits 25% CPU on its own (Maybe it's always been like that and I've just not tested it properly)
I have DearVR Pro, it was not updated (under Win at least) - my latest downloaded zip file calls "dearvr_pro_win_x64_1_4_1" (i downloaded 2.28.2020, modified shows 12/3/2019), and the same zip version at official site now. So, no reason to be it changed.
About described issue - no, all ok at my side, all as before.

Return to “Effects”