Acustica Audio Nebula 80% off - just these Days or just another Marketing Game?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AA Nebula is currently on Sale - 80% off.

I don´t know much about them and didn´t watch their offers yet. I have just seen that they freuquently have Sales Seasons.

I also bought an Aqua Channel some Days ago. It´s simply awesome. Just what I needed ...

Regarding this 80% off I´m now wondering if it´s a unique Possibility - or if such offers occur frequently - like with Plugin Alliance for Example. 79 EUR ... good Price?

It´d be also nice to hear about your Experiences with it. Can the Libs cpompete with the Aqua Plugins?

More BPM please

It's quite rare to go on sale especially for 80%

You should snap up N4 at that price if you have a powerful cpu.
It has some amazing third party developers.

Just do your research on N4's issues and limitations and constraints - it doesn't work like other plugins in a lot of ways.

plexuss wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:54 pm Just do your research on N4's issues and limitations and constraints - it doesn't work like other plugins in a lot of ways.
I have already read about "that" - and thus my PC is a little bit aged already it seems interesting for Sound Design. I usually have not more than 3 Tracks open ... but my Target is Brilliance and I´m willing to to everything for it ...

plexuss wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:54 pm Just do your research on N4's issues and limitations and constraints - it doesn't work like other plugins in a lot of ways.
Could you please provide some starting points where I can find information on its downsides? I am interested in it at this price, but want to make an educated decision.

Am I wrong or is it really not possible to Demo more than the free VCF and EQ + PreAmps + Compressors?

That´d be no good. I´m already very pleased with Gold3 and would only be interested if there´s some special Excitement...

Nebula is like Kontakt, but for effects processors, intead of instruments. It's a great tool, especially because of the 3rd party libraries, such as the ones made by Tim Petherick and Cupwise.

Last time it went on sale, they said it would be the last ever. Now, we have another. I guess it might go on sale again, but I wouldn't risk missing the opportunity.

It is nice to know that Acustica have some unfriendly policies, such as "you need to pay back the discount you had when you bought a product if you want to transfer your license to someone else".

simmo75 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:39 pm You should snap up N4 at that price if you have a powerful cpu.
As you can imagine it is quiet intransparent in the Beginning. I have already skimmed some Pages and read many positive Comments - but as it seems i´ll have to spend some more Time on it :?

I do Sound Design "only". Sampling. That´s why I´m here (again). My Needs and Interests are corresponding. Compressors for Example are not really interesting - mainly for Colorization and Presence. Reverbs are secondary, too - I have Tons of IRs and usually sample rather dry Signals.

But the overall Sound is everything. Gold3 is celestial for me. Depth, Width, Mojo. It immediately happens when you turn G3 on and gets better the more you do with it. And these Neve EQs...

I´m looking for that "Spice", that the Aqua Plugins deliver and what I need to know is if Nebula can help here ...

The free Filter Library for Example sounds Ok to me ... fine ... but the Effects on the Overall Sound are limited. Nearly no 3D, no Lift Up, no extra Presence. No Reason here to buy N4.

However - it´ll surely mainly depend on the available Types of IRs in the End. Hardware IRs are generally very interesting - but rather Circuit IRs and EQs than Reverbs or PreAmps...

I have already seen Comps, EQs, Filters, Reverbs, Preamps... but how about Samplers, DAC, Mixer/Console and other rather "exotic" Materials?

Any Hints to this?
Last edited by GRUMP on Fri May 29, 2020 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xandde1 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:30 pm Last time it went on sale, they said it would be the last ever. Now, we have another. I guess it might go on sale again, but I wouldn't risk missing the opportunity.
Thank you for that one :tu: Good to know!

GRUMP wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:35 pm
simmo75 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:39 pm You should snap up N4 at that price if you have a powerful cpu.
As you can imagine it is quiet intransparent in the Beginning. I have already skimmed some Pages and read many positive Comments - but as it seems i´ll have to spend some more Time on it :?

I do Sound Design "only". Sampling. That´s why I´m here (again). My Needs and Interests are corresponding. Compressors for Example are not really interesting - mainly for Colorization and Presence. Reverbs are secondary, too - I have Tons of IRs and usually sample rather dry Signals.

But the overall Sound is everything. Gold3 is celestial for me. Depth, Width, Mojo. It immediately happens when you turn G3 on and gets better the more you do with it. And these Neve EQs...

I´m looking for that "Spice", that the Aqua Plugins deliver and what I need to know is if Nebula can help here ...

The free Filter Library for Example sounds Ok to me ... fine ... but the Effects on the Overall Sound are limited. Nearly no 3D, no Lift Up, no extra Presence. No Reason here to buy N4.

However - it´ll surely mainly depend on the available Types of IRs in the End. Hardware IRs are generally very interesting - but rather Circuit IRs and EQs than Reverbs or PreAmps...

Any Hints to this?
Check out Tim P, Cupwise, Analog in the box, signal to noise and Alex B’s libraries, a f**k ton of mojo in there ;)

I would recommend that you try the trail out on your machine. If you think you might want to use it as a console emulator, try it with appropriate programs on every channel. Check out how it works in terms of CPU usage if you bypass N4 or freeze tracks, if you use any of those DAW features, because it may reveal some issues for you, or not. Also try different project sample rates if you work in any other than 44.1k. N4 doesn't reliably release all CPU consumption when bypassed or frozen on certain DAWs and certain OS platforms and might not allow you to manager you CPU usage if that's something that's important. Try it out before you buy.

Also be aware that although its $80 or whatever, there are $1000's in 3rd party libraries you open yourself up to, so if you are prone to GAS, consider your future budgets carefully.

Learn from my mistakes.

simmo75 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:51 pm
Check out Tim P, Cupwise, Analog in the box, signal to noise and Alex B’s libraries, a f**k ton of mojo in there ;)
I see... looks great... I want that "Boom" back now ;-)

plexuss wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:00 pm I would recommend that you try the trail out on your machine. If you think you might want to use it as a console emulator, try it with appropriate programs on every channel. Check out how it works in terms of CPU usage if you bypass N4 or freeze tracks, if you use any of those DAW features, because it may reveal some issues for you, or not. Also try different project sample rates if you work in any other than 44.1k. N4 doesn't reliably release all CPU consumption when bypassed or frozen on certain DAWs and certain OS platforms and might not allow you to manager you CPU usage if that's something that's important. Try it out before you buy.

Also be aware that although its $80 or whatever, there are $1000's in 3rd party libraries you open yourself up to, so if you are prone to GAS, consider your future budgets carefully.

Learn from my mistakes.
I know these Misstakes quiet well. My Sound Design "Slave" is probably the best equipped P5 out there :D That´s also why I don´t really know if I really might eventually need N4 for this or maybe that ...

Checks are running, thx for the Suggestions (Bypass etc!).

Cubase btw...

Return to “Effects”