New Black Rooster: KH-COMP1 Levelling Amplifier

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think I leaked it early and they were probably still working out the launch details including intro pricing. I'm sorry, Black Rooster! :dog:

Sorry to mislead you all. I'm just excited :hyper:

Wait for the official launch and pricing, guys - my bad...

They definitely had it on their site as launched but then removed it pretty quickly. Me excited tooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! :hyper:
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

i think they were just testing the page. since the plugin was not downloadable + they said a few weeks in their post a few days ago :)

a link to the manual (while it lasts) for anyone who missed the webpage

https://blackroosteraudio.com/files/con ... Manual.pdf

"» 4 DETECTOR MODES
... ...
... ...
The Hilbert detector basically is a 90° phase
shifter, that will show the signal’s exact envelope, without any distortion or overshoots."

So is it like a lookahead feature in some compressors, to perfectly squash the transients? :?:

SiliconDeath wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:33 pm "» 4 DETECTOR MODES
... ...
... ...
The Hilbert detector basically is a 90° phase
shifter, that will show the signal’s exact envelope, without any distortion or overshoots."

So is it like a lookahead feature in some compressors, to perfectly squash the transients? :?:
No a Hilbert Transform is a phase rotator essentially.what it means it's phase shifting the sidechain 90degrees or more which will average out all the peaks so the envelope the sidechain sees is essentially symmetrical.there's no time shift involved in phase rotation.its delays between frequencies,not delay of the whole signal e.g not sample delay
I

to newsletter subscribers as of today... 30% off pre-sale. to be released to the general public (non-subscribers) on June 10th :)
Last edited by MadDogE134 on Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

don't know the math but to my old ears... the hilbert gives a little more transient, clarity and separation imo really works good on drums and bass :) but can be used anywhere :hihi:
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

Hilbert is great, gives effortless transparent compression.
It's easy if you know how

yeah lesha... i am not easily impressed these days but this impressed me a lot :) cheers

Let me tell you that you are not the only one :)
It's easy if you know how

MadDogE134 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:11 pm don't know the math but to my old ears... the hilbert gives a little more transient, clarity and separation imo really works good on drums and bass :) but can be used anywhere :hihi:
I love this compressor... been using it on acoustic guitars, pianos... this one is becoming one of my goto compressors with the tubetech CL 1B for complex instruments...

Rik wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:56 am
MadDogE134 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:11 pm don't know the math but to my old ears... the hilbert gives a little more transient, clarity and separation imo really works good on drums and bass :) but can be used anywhere :hihi:
I love this compressor... been using it on acoustic guitars, pianos... this one is becoming one of my goto compressors with the tubetech CL 1B for complex instruments...
Beta-tester alert? :P

???

Return to “Effects”