playing 3 at a time

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
k95
KVRist
43 posts since 22 Apr, 2020

Post Fri May 29, 2020 4:55 pm

see this screenshot of Kontakt.....I have 3 instruments loaded and if I
highlight one it plays.... how do you get all 3 to play at once..?
Screen Shot 2020-05-29 at 6.50.43 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Teksonik
KVRAF
13600 posts since 16 Sep, 2001 from Las Vegas,USA

Re: playing 3 at a time

Post Fri May 29, 2020 5:53 pm

I can load multiple instruments and have them all play at the same time but it's the full Kontakt not the player so I don't know if that's a limitation.

Check your settings especially Handling/ Midi Channel Assignment. Mine is set to Omni.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

psynical
KVRist
216 posts since 16 Jan, 2019 from Portland, Oregon

Post Fri May 29, 2020 7:39 pm

challenging, i know, but start learning:

https://www.google.com/search?q=play+multiple+kontakt

elxsound
KVRAF
5996 posts since 18 Aug, 2007 from NYC

Post Fri May 29, 2020 7:58 pm

By default, the first loaded instrument is set to Omni for receiving Midi, but each additional instrument is loaded with the next midi channel.

To fix this, just click on the "I" for info icon that's just Right of the Camera icon (for Snapshots). With this view enabled, you should see the selected Midi channel for input.

Again, the first one is likely set to Omni, whereas, the 2nd and 3rd ones are set to a different channel. Just select the dropdown and choose Omni (or a specific channel if that's what you prefer).

You should be able to change this in settings, to open all instruments with midi input set to Omni for future work inside Kontakt without needing to reset this every time.

k95
KVRist
43 posts since 22 Apr, 2020

Post Sat May 30, 2020 6:17 am

thanx

Return to “Instruments”