Massive X, Pigments2, Avenger do go for sale time to time? Serum not?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Did I get it right? These big name synths like Massive X, Pigments2, and even Avenger do go for sale time to time? Serum is only one without ever being on discounted (except at the introduction price)?

Maybe I will wait some discount for Avenger (seemed it was -50% some months ago so might be a long wait but the financial situation...) instead of getting Serum = can get Avenger on SALE+ some expansions with less than the price of Serum :phones:

Any comments if the updates or upgrades are very expensive for Avenger or MAssive X compared to Serum's (I think Serum has free updates at least that was some years ago, didn't find new info - but maybe not free upgrades).

Others will give a more definite reply, but as far as I could grasp you are right, serum doesn't go on sale, and the other ones do. However, all the serum updates are free. A good way to get serum is via rent to buy on splice, for $10 monthly (for 19 months).

But at this stage you might ask yourself what Serum can give you that the others can't and vice versa. Also important might be the GUI. Does it click with you or not? How easy are you able to get the sounds out of it that you want?

Spire is on sale right now. It's a very used synth in commercial house/trance these days.

Tannaliini wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:37 pm Did I get it right? These big name synths like Massive X, Pigments2, and even Avenger do go for sale time to time? Serum is only one without ever being on discounted (except at the introduction price)?
Would you be interested in buying Avenger second hand? I have a lot of synths and I never use it. If you're interested, pm me and I can contact Vengeance Sound tomorrow to see what the license transfer process entails.

mdstudio wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:53 am
Tannaliini wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:37 pm Did I get it right? These big name synths like Massive X, Pigments2, and even Avenger do go for sale time to time? Serum is only one without ever being on discounted (except at the introduction price)?
Would you be interested in buying Avenger second hand? I have a lot of synths and I never use it. If you're interested, pm me and I can contact Vengeance Sound tomorrow to see what the license transfer process entails.
Thank you for the nice offer. But I am still very much in the process of testing the demos/trying to figure out which one would be good for my workflow etc :borg:

Tannaliini wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 9:43 am Thank you for the nice offer. But I am still very much in the process of testing the demos/trying to figure out which one would be good for my workflow etc :borg:
No problem! :)

Be aware that serum is nfr. You pay premium price for stuff you'll never be able to get rid of. Rather pick any of the competitors.

Distorted Horizon wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 2:39 pm Be aware that serum is nfr. You pay premium price for stuff you'll never be able to get rid of. Rather pick any of the competitors.
I don't really see myself re-selling my plugins. But what I find worrying, is how Serum did change their re-sell policy just like nothing! And the reason behind this was (if I am correct) some people used it for scam. Sure that is bad, but it's even worse when your product's policy is changed without heads up/warning. It makes me think what else they might change all of sudden... :scared:

Yeah, Xfer's NFR policy sucks. But on the other hand, Serum is a modern classic. It gets new features with each update. And it's activated with just a serial number. Plus, Steve Duda is well known for offering very fast technical support.

Wanna see what type of guy Serum's developer is? Just watch this (great) interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp0rtLaXBio

Pigments 2 was just on sale a few weeks ago... Arturia usually rotates their offers all the time.

FYI, as you probably are aware, Avenger is plagued with a heavy load of serious problems, which have exacerbated in the last few days with the roll-out of Windows 10 V1909 and MAC OS Catalina 10.15.0
To say that present Avenger users are satisfied wit the synth, would be a mischaracterization.
These are the well-known Avenger shortcomings:
Low definition GUI, obnoxious color palette.
Ancient, really, old old fashioned factory presets.
Expensive expansion packs.
Terrible technical support, extremely bad.
But wait, the real problem with Avenger, what makes it unusable, is the copy-protection they use. In order for your copy of Avenger to run on your computer, the CodeMeter app needs to be running. But would you know, CodeMeter takes up residence in your System Preferences pane, runs continuously, regardless of you using Avenger or not; Every time you start your computer, CodeMeter runs first to scan your system and takes an image to make sure it is the computer that can use Avenger, then, it Tracks your usage of the software. Terrifying but true.
I know that the fanboys are either oblivious or are aware but don’t care about having spyware in their systems. Plus, oh yes, CodeMeter causes havoc in your system, such as frequent crashes, warnings popups, system notifications, etc. I spent days and days trying to solve problems, and ended up returning it, but no, they don’t give refunds. Bye bye, $199.00 USD

Saval wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:04 am But wait, the real problem with Avenger, what makes it unusable, is the copy-protection they use. In order for your copy of Avenger to run on your computer, the CodeMeter app needs to be running. But would you know, CodeMeter takes up residence in your System Preferences pane, runs continuously, regardless of you using Avenger or not; Every time you start your computer, CodeMeter runs first to scan your system and takes an image to make sure it is the computer that can use Avenger, then, it Tracks your usage of the software. Terrifying but true.
I know that the fanboys are either oblivious or are aware but don’t care about having spyware in their systems. Plus, oh yes, CodeMeter causes havoc in your system, such as frequent crashes, warnings popups, system notifications, etc. I spent days and days trying to solve problems, and ended up returning it, but no, they don’t give refunds. Bye bye, $199.00 USD
I have to say I did like the sounds of Avenger. I did like the possibilities it has to create interesting sounds (I’m not sound designer but I could create cool sounding stuff with it). I was really starting to consider it over Serum or Ana or Pigments... But then I started to read about it and saw the comments of long time users (I only have the demo).

That is very bad what you pointed out. And it’s good to know!!

I’ve heard several people criticizing the system & noting it is causing problems (the Avenger doesn’t work correctly or the re-activation of license doesn’t work smoothly etc). And not only here in KVR. So it really seems to be an bigger issue than just 1 person disliking something.

Yes, but you only hear the people complaining. Biggest percentage of the users have no problems and no reason to tell random people on a random forum. Doesn't mean that all is well, but it's not like everybody has issues.

Blaster wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:57 pm Yes, but you only hear the people complaining. Biggest percentage of the users have no problems and no reason to tell random people on a random forum. Doesn't mean that all is well, but it's not like everybody has issues.
I understand this, and also Serum or Ana2 or even Massive X, people do complain. But mostly it is about how they don't like GUI of these plugins. Or with Serum that the reselling option was taken away... But with Avenger people are complaining how the whole synth is not working prober or how it breaks workflow when you need to spend 10-30minutes to reactivate the license etc. Or maybe I somehow just haven't seen the similar complaints of these other synths :scared:

EDIT: Actually, I've learned that Serum + Ana2 don't use similar license system as Avenger. And that is a huge thing itself :roll:

Return to “Instruments”