why i'm abandoning massive X...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i've owned so many synth plugins over the years, it's insane. but i've never had issues like i've had with massive X.

i like this thing; the sound of it, the possibilities; i enjoy exploring the GUI. i love the browser (ok, i made that last one up).

i've had some issues with sounds changing. today, i opened a logic project and the main sound (an massive X preset i tweaked and SAVED) is not playing back correctly. it sounds like... nothing, really.

i reworked the original again (which i only got to play back correctly AFTER going back & forth between other presets and this one); saved again. closed logic, reopened it and... hosed.

sure i could bounce it to disk, but... i can't trust this thing, and have no time anymore to 'hope' for a fix (try contacting NI tech support, if you can find them).

so... adios. i don't care how good something sounds, if it doesn't work.
Last edited by fisherKing on Sun May 31, 2020 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

It works for me.jpg
Probably a issue with Logic then.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Never had a problem with Massive X in Logic Pro...

DJ Warmonger wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 12:04 pm It works for me.jpg

Probably a issue with Logic then.
maybe. i had this happen in an earlier version of MX, got to NI support, never heard about it again. and all my other plugins are ok (i've literally owned or demo'd almost every synth plugin out there... almost :D )

wherever the issue is, i can't count on it, and can't risk it anymore. so it goes...

fisherKing wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:38 am i've owned so many synth plugins over the years, it's insane. but i've never had issues like i've had with massive X.

i like this thing; the sound of it, the possibilities; i enjoy exploring the GUI. i love the browser (ok, i made that last one up).

i've had some issues with sounds changing. today, i opened a logic project and the main sound (an massive X preset i tweaked and SAVED) is not playing back correctly. it sounds like... nothing, really.

i reworked the original again (which i only got to play back correctly AFTER going back & forth between other presets and this one); saved again. closed logic, reopened it and... hosed.

sure i could bounce it to disk, but... i can't trust this thing, and have no time anymore to 'hope' for a fix (try contacting NI tech support, if you can find them).

Maybe you can try to get some feedback from NI about this problem ... I mean if korg support can answer,(my experience) it's sure NI could answer too.

dune_rave wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 12:16 pm Maybe you can try to get some feedback from NI about this problem ... I mean if korg support can answer,(my experience) it's sure NI could answer too.
i had someone from this forum contact NI directly, with details about what happened last time (& audio samples, images). never heard back (from NI, not the person here).

have no time for this, i can use other plugins. and just my experience; others have not had this issue (with MX, or MX in logic).

will prob just sell my license here on kvr, and get back to work.

Some people run into interesting issues that seem to be per person basis and not really that consistent. It might be the DAW, the hardware you use, anything. The best thing you can probably do is give it some time, leave it and return later to give it a second chance with it hopefully more extensively optimised.
Take care :wink:

fisherKing wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:38 am i've owned so many synth plugins over the years, it's insane. but i've never had issues like i've had with massive X.

Honestly who cares if you abandon Massive X. "Yawn" :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Daimonicon wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 1:47 pm

Honestly who cares if you abandon Massive X. "Yawn" :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:
haha. why post if you have nothing to say? sort-of the equivalent of my starting this thread... :D

fisherKing wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 12:22 pm will prob just sell my license here on kvr, and get back to work.
sounds like a broken synth.
ill give you a fiver, i can use it for parts in this condition.

vurt wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 1:55 pm
fisherKing wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 12:22 pm will prob just sell my license here on kvr, and get back to work.
sounds like a broken synth.
ill give you a fiver, i can use it for parts in this condition.
it'll be on the sell & buy forum later, for $100 US. or will trade for your car, computer, & dog (if u don't have a dog, get one... so we can trade). 8)

Please report to us everytime you abandon or install some plugin, very interesting stuff :o

I had the same kind of issues with MX and Logic. When I switched over to Bitwig they all went away. Ported over songs and presets from one to the other with all the same plugins and settings, and suddenly songs that were crashing and doing other weird things were totally solid. So I'd say it's definitely some kind of Logic-MX interaction issue.

MX loses it's greatest advocate ha :D .

It looks like the algorithm to save a preset to disk f**ks up.
What I would do, just for fun.
1 Save the patch. Then while still in the same project, open an new instance of Mx and load the saved preset. See whether it sounds the same.

2 Save the preset multiple times. Then do a file compare to see whether both files are identical. Do this with a few presets.

1 will ensire that your sound is saved correctly before closing the project.
2 will give insights whether this is a consistent error or not. Examining the content of the file might give you insight where writing of the preset fails.

It may sound nice but it's such a pain to work with. :lol:

ssl4000 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 2:15 pm Please report to us everytime you abandon or install some plugin, very interesting stuff :o
And there is that too.

Return to “Instruments”