why i'm abandoning massive X...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fisherKing wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:55 pm
pdxindy wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:50 pm
Stefken wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 2:16 pm MX loses it's greatest advocate ha :D .
With all the times he defended it in response to my criticizing it, it is ironic that he has dropped it now and I'm still using it (although not much)
i defended it because it's an exceptional synth. but my experience (twice) with losing a preset renders it useless.. for me.
Twice?? Noooooooo...

Now all that time you spent defending it on this forum has been for nothing.

Stefken wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:31 pm
fisherKing wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:55 pm
pdxindy wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:50 pm
Stefken wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 2:16 pm MX loses it's greatest advocate ha :D .
With all the times he defended it in response to my criticizing it, it is ironic that he has dropped it now and I'm still using it (although not much)
i defended it because it's an exceptional synth. but my experience (twice) with losing a preset renders it useless.. for me.
Twice?? Noooooooo...

Now all that time you spent defending it on this forum has been for nothing.
you really have nothing better to do?

i think it's a great plugin, but i lost an important sound in 2 separate remixes (paid remixes). that's not good, and doesn't happen with any of my other synths. so, for me, now, it's something to let go of.

perhaps you can do the same... let go of your obsession with this thread.... (but am not counting on that) :hihi:

fisherKing wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:31 pm i've used MX in a good number of projects; only in 2 have i had the problem.

an edited, saved preset plays back with a much-compromised sound... this time, reopening the original sound ('alaska', from one of NI's new soundsets) had that sound playing back wrong.

going back&forth between that preset and others... eventually the sound played correctly.

anyway, i don't want to spend more time on this, i'd rather be mixing than troubleshooting. i've already bounced-to-disk every MX part i have (& can of course replace with another plugin).

catalina? logic? not sure where the issue is. but am ok moving on. thanx all (even the trolls) :hihi:
Some update they made messed it up in logic. 1.3 is supposed to fix fyi.

empphryio wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:43 pm
fisherKing wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:31 pm i've used MX in a good number of projects; only in 2 have i had the problem.

an edited, saved preset plays back with a much-compromised sound... this time, reopening the original sound ('alaska', from one of NI's new soundsets) had that sound playing back wrong.

going back&forth between that preset and others... eventually the sound played correctly.

anyway, i don't want to spend more time on this, i'd rather be mixing than troubleshooting. i've already bounced-to-disk every MX part i have (& can of course replace with another plugin).

catalina? logic? not sure where the issue is. but am ok moving on. thanx all (even the trolls) :hihi:
Some update they made messed it up in logic. 1.3 is supposed to fix fyi.
my first time with this issue was in 1.2, the more-recent one in 1.3. it's a no-win situation; so it goes.

fisherKing wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:36 pm let go of your obsession with this thread.... (but am not counting on that) :hihi:
That's really funny coming from the obsessed guy himself. Who started this sad thread, expressing for the entire world that his love for MX has come to pass ? :help:

No, 5 posts don't count as a obsession.
But I've had my fun. It's all yours.

Maybe you can start a MXA support group to ease the pressure. :D

Stefken wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:51 pm
fisherKing wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:36 pm let go of your obsession with this thread.... (but am not counting on that) :hihi:
That's really funny coming from the obsessed guy himself. Who started this sad thread, expressing for the entire world that his love for MX has come to pass ? :help:

No, 5 posts don't count as a obsession.
But I've had my fun. It's all yours.

Maybe you can start a MXA support group to ease the pressure. :D
what exactly is the point of all this? am fine with everything i've posted; you've felt the need to say nothing... 5 times.

but i've had my fun. maybe you can start a KVR-pointless-post support group to ease the pressure. :D

Why don't you just lock this thread?
You're provoking more and more mocking.
If you don't like that, lock it.
If you don't lock it, you'll be mocked.
And now you decide...

Calenberger wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 7:31 pm Why don't you just lock this thread?
And now you decide...
not sure if you mean me? i started a thread, then a couple of ppl stepped in with juvenile comments; am just trying to keep up :D

it takes a mod to lock a thread, doesn't it? personally, i'd love to have an intelligent discussion here, but kvr threads seem to generally fall apart; still, some good ppl here, and some great discussions do happen.

Knowing as much as I know (which is no more than you at this stage), is if I love the sound but it has issues which you know have been reported, I would keep it (not sell it) and not use it till hopefully maybe a 1.4 or something when the issues are hopefully fixed.

My 2 cents.
rsp
sound sculptist

fisherKing wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 7:47 pm
Calenberger wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 7:31 pm Why don't you just lock this thread?
And now you decide...
not sure if you mean me? i started a thread, then a couple of ppl stepped in with juvenile comments; am just trying to keep up :D

it takes a mod to lock a thread, doesn't it? personally, i'd love to have an intelligent discussion here, but kvr threads seem to generally fall apart; still, some good ppl here, and some great discussions do happen.
No, you can lock the threads you opened.
There's a button at the bottom with a hammer for it.
I recommend to do it.
Just saying.
Otherwise don't complain about mocking fellows.
Last edited by Calenberger on Sat May 30, 2020 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ibtl?

zvenx wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 8:27 pm Knowing as much as I know (which is no more than you at this stage), is if I love the sound but it has issues which you know have been reported, I would keep it (not sell it) and not use it till hopefully maybe a 1.4 or something when the issues are hopefully fixed.

My 2 cents.
rsp
Seems like user error to me.

Just use Windows 7 and Reaper. :idea:

vurt wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 8:38 pmibtl?
Grabs popcorn...
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Reaper seems to be a solution for a lot of problems.

ramseysounds wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 8:41 pm
vurt wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 8:38 pmibtl?
Grabs popcorn...
here you go...

:popcorn:

Return to “Instruments”