Which Roland plugin?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion

If you had to select just one of these Roland plugins which one would it be?

JV-1080
14%
XV-5080
12%
D-50
25%
Jupiter-8
18%
One their other plugins
31%

Total votes: 51

RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was wondering what others in the KVR world would buy with Roland's new deal. You can now just buy a plugin and don't need to pay a subscription fee per month.

D-50 or the System-8.

seems like zenology pro will have a lot of everything. Not sure if you'll be able to buy it alone.

System 100

Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

Juno 106

At these prices, and with this level of trust in Roland to support/activate their software... I'd rather pay slightly more and pick up a real JV1080 or XV5050

I would choose the D-50, because it is a classic, you will not be able to get it anywhere else (now or in the future), and it is still capable of very good sounds.

My second option would probably be the Aira System-8. I already got both (and others) :wink:

A lot of people keep mentioning the Zenology Pro, but I learned to not wait for vaporware. If and when it becomes available, we will see.
Fernando (FMR)

The 106 is class.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Even though most voted for "one of their other plugins", it looks like the D-50 and Jupiter-8 are very close so far. I'll see how it goes by the end of the day or by tomorrow. Thanks guys for all your responses. :)

fmr wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 11:45 am A lot of people keep mentioning the Zenology Pro, but I learned to not wait for vaporware. If and when it becomes available, we will see.
The functionality is already there in their hardware.
And it 's clear that Roland did think this one over.

So vaporware? I don't think so.

Love the 106.

Stefken wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 1:27 pm
fmr wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 11:45 am A lot of people keep mentioning the Zenology Pro, but I learned to not wait for vaporware. If and when it becomes available, we will see.

In what concerns Roland Cloud, it's vaporware. Can you grant any of us it will be part of Roland Cloud software? When?

Heck, even the VP-330 already exists in the Boutique units. Yet, we don't have it in Roland Cloud, do we?
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 1:34 pm
Stefken wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 1:27 pm

In what concerns Roland Cloud, it's vaporware. Can you grant any of us it will be part of Roland Cloud software? When?
It's my understanding that Roland had previously delegated the Cloud management to a third party, but has now put it under their own wing. That and recent changes in policy (for the better) gives me confidence that this will happen.
Also the zen 'universe' is far bigger than just one plugin. It seems they have been working on this for quite a while (it's their solution to Behringerize their entire stock of vintage synths) and the zen engine is at the core of this solution/global strategy.

Return to “Instruments”