Short Eurorack Granular Experiments (Al'a 1010 Bitbox)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I thought some might find this eurorack based granular stuff interesting.
Although it's still software based, it is purely within modular hardware.

The granular mode of the Bitbox is pretty good actually, not better than software granular
by any means, still fun to mess around with :tu:

Anyway, one (BBGrains) is just my guitar being run through the bitbox in granular mode, basically
it just runs through the sample while I modulate the pitch and stuff.

The other is another sample being processed by the Bitbox, (glitchmachines sample). This one
is being played as a percussive instrument I guess. The drum samples are from the Rossum
Assimil8or and I am playing my guitar into my nifty yamaha THR10X and mixing that directly
into the modular rig.

A small glimpse into the state of granular for some of us who are into the modular thing. :)
Anyone else, might simply wonder wtf?

https://soundcloud.com/user-663163390/bbgrains

https://soundcloud.com/user-663163390/b ... eslmdirect

Really interesting sounds, best regards! 💚

ANVILMESA wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:25 pm Really interesting sounds, best regards! 💚
Thanks for the nice comment and for listening, cheers :)

Is this a Mk1 Bitbox or have you managed to get a Mk2? I havent tried the granular stuff in my Mk1 yet, I hadnt realised the firmware was out.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Indeed, this is the latest firmware for the old Bitbox. It's quite a bit improved, aside from the granular
and whatnot. Be warned, it's quite a bit different and not everything is an improvement, the preset
loading is kind of awkward in particular. Overall it's way better though :tu:

love the guitar one.
although, do i really need a bitbox now :cry:

the percussion one rawks :band:

Heh, make sure you get the MK II, grr :x that 1010 guy changes hardware almost as fast as my old lady changes her mind about shit.

Thx, I liked the way that one worked out, some interesting harmonics going on. Ultimately
though, it's tough to play the guitar and work the modular at the same time. There was another
voice, but I forgot to turn it back on. :)

pekbro wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 12:32 pm Indeed, this is the latest firmware for the old Bitbox. It's quite a bit improved, aside from the granular
and whatnot. Be warned, it's quite a bit different and not everything is an improvement, the preset
loading is kind of awkward in particular. Overall it's way better though :tu:
Cheers. I was kinda tempted to get a Mk2 and turn my old one into an FXbox, but Ive just committed to some other stuff.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Music Cafe”