Which Roland plugin?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion

If you had to select just one of these Roland plugins which one would it be?

JV-1080
14%
XV-5080
12%
D-50
25%
Jupiter-8
18%
One their other plugins
31%

Total votes: 51

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Out of pure curiosity:
do you find the xv5080/jv1080 presets suitable as the "final sounds" in your production?
Are there any examples of modern music which uses presets from the xv5080 for instance?
I'm asking because I mainly use the xv5080 for sketching ideas, but would like to see what other people think about it, and if it "stood the test of time" for many people, or that they use it for nostalgic purposes.

Bippo wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 3:46 pm Out of pure curiosity:
do you find the xv5080/jv1080 presets suitable as the "final sounds" in your production?
Are there any examples of modern music which uses presets from the xv5080 for instance?
I'm asking because I mainly use the xv5080 for sketching ideas, but would like to see what other people think about it, and if it "stood the test of time" for many people, or that they use it for nostalgic purposes.
All the 'Hits' and some Electric Pianos, Rhodes. Even some pads - for Synthwave/Retrowave type of music. Juicy stuff that works great in the mix without the need to add any more processing. I would probably use/do more but I'm lazy especially that I'm using HW JV1080 with all its interface limitations ;)

I got 2 free after subscribing for a year (I cancelled as soon as the year was up) and got the D50 and System 8.
No regrets subscribing or cancelling!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

none

they don't sound great (bang for buck) and their licence policies are dubious

AnX wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 4:27 pm none

Really? :o Just curious: Outside of Synapse, is there any other VST instruments you like? :hihi:
Fernando (FMR)

I was leaning towards the D-50 this whole time, but my 2nd choice was the XV-5080 which isn't doing well in this poll so far.

I didn't really know much about the System-8 until today believe it or not. I was just reading about it and it seems interesting.

fmr wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 6:17 pm
AnX wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 4:27 pm none

Really? :o Just curious: Outside of Synapse, is there any other VST instruments you like? :hihi:

yes

What are they Dave?

linplug
full bucket
tal
krakli
gforce/gmedia

that kinda thing

They are cool.. and they still work on your quad core system.. What about your own plugs that you done many years ago?

surreal wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:25 am They are cool.. and they still work on your quad core system.. What about your own plugs that you done many years ago?
they were made for fun

none of them can match the quality of synths around today (and they are all 32bit, im strictly 64bit)

AnX wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:23 am linplug
full bucket
tal
krakli
gforce/gmedia

that kinda thing
good stuff :tu: But carefully chosen to not compete with... :hihi:

I'm still very sorry about Peter Linsener gaving up. :(
Fernando (FMR)

AnX wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:23 am linplug
full bucket
tal
krakli
gforce/gmedia

that kinda thing
Fair enough!
Take care :wink:

I forgot about the system 8. I'd like that one as well.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Robmobius wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:03 pm I forgot about the system 8. I'd like that one as well.
For my money, it's the crown-jewel in the Roland ACB line. It's got roots in the classic Jupiter series in terms of the layout and feature-set, but it can also do those classic Roland Super Saw sounds of the 90's, and has a few extra tricks up it's sleeves with the FM oscs and just the overall variation oscs/filters. If there were one Roland Cloud "synth" to get, for me, it's the System-8. Don't sleep on that one.

Return to “Instruments”