Sonnox Limiter vs Fabfilter Limiter

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There is probably no project I have worked on that I haven't used Pro-L2, so I would definitely say it paid off.
Take care :wink:

At times I have used FG-X at the end of the mastering chain, or maybe Voxengo Elephant or perhaps PSP Xenon... and I always follow with FF L2 oversampled... or even two of those, each one limiting 1dB or 2dB each at 16x or 32x oversampling. It seems overkill (I'm sure it is) but...
Like the above comment says, it has paid off.
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

consordini wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:23 pm There is probably no project I have worked on that I haven't used Pro-L2, so I would definitely say it paid off.
I saw the different limiter styles (punch, modern, etc) in a review, do they give a legit different character to the overall sound? There's no demo.
If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. HOW CAN YOU HAVE ANY PUDDING IF YOU DON'T EAT YER MEAT!?

FF all the way baby.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

kenny saunders wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:57 pm
consordini wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:23 pm There is probably no project I have worked on that I haven't used Pro-L2, so I would definitely say it paid off.
I saw the different limiter styles (punch, modern, etc) in a review, do they give a legit different character to the overall sound? There's no demo.
Fabfilter offers a fully functional 30 day trial:
https://www.fabfilter.com/download/#dow ... er-plug-in
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

Yes they adjust the release and attack times of the limiter and EQ curve going into it. Most modern limiters have different styles to choose from.

adl wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:25 pm
Fabfilter offers a fully functional 30 day trial:
https://www.fabfilter.com/download/#dow ... er-plug-in
Oh! I guess I didn't look very hard, thanks.
If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. HOW CAN YOU HAVE ANY PUDDING IF YOU DON'T EAT YER MEAT!?

Ploki wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:53 am your post confused me a little

first you told me to process explore airwindows

then you told me to stick to what i have and know :P
You got me wrong there, friend :)

I didn't "tell" you to process this or that (like most people like doing when asked about stuff like that).

AW was merely a way of example for no-frills plugs that can do a lot without eye-catching GUI. but the same goes with TONS of other plugins.

With the excessive abundance of plugs nowadays (and the mammoth CPU power we have at hand), the quest for the best, or - replacement-for-my-current-tool - becomes moot. one can assemble his/her processor of choice very easily.
Ploki wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:53 am i get a lot of different garbage to mix, so i can't clip everything :)
You can clip a lot more than you think (you just have to use your ears. y'know... those old, un-oversampled tools everyone possess :wink: ). more often than not, it is the choice for inflating your audio, before - or, alongside - your limiter choice.

Return to “Effects”