vurt - pianoman. (weird piano stuff...)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pianoman

practicing :hihi: for this months contest "solo instrument plus voice..."
i cant play piano, as you will know doubt realise, but i can set loopers going then play some chromatic nonsense and see what happens.
some distortion and reverb too, because whats life without distortion and reverb?

That's a really interesting and vurtish take on the theme and I'm looking forward to the finished product. In "The Devil Went Down To Georgia" I always thought that the devil should have won the contest because he played the fiddle in a far more inventive way than Johnny and it sounded awesome. I wish you all the best in this contest. :tu:

:clap:

:tu:

vurt wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:16 pmwhats life without distortion and reverb?
more hygienic

Well, as cover versions go, it's quite different from Billy Joel's original. Regarding the mix, the vocal could probably come forward a bit more, it's difficult to make out the lyrics in some parts. :-D

Neat work, vurt. One of my favorites so far. Did you do it all with hardware only ?

Best,

dp

Hmm player not working for me? 💚

ANVILMESA wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:18 pm Hmm player not working for me? 💚
try a right click > open in new tab ...

Player works fine. Good job, you captured that -I dont know what the hell I am doing- feeling greatly with this one.
Heavenly Sounds Approved This.

vurt wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:16 pm i cant play piano, as you will know doubt realise, but i can set loopers going then play some chromatic nonsense and see what happens.
On a MIDI keyboard?

And FYI, from what I've observed there have been very few accomplished keyboard players participating in the contest. In fact, one whose name escapes me right now I think used to win frequently because he had special piano playing skills that folks tend to admire so much.

Erisian wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:46 pm That's a really interesting and vurtish take on the theme and I'm looking forward to the finished product. In "The Devil Went Down To Georgia" I always thought that the devil should have won the contest because he played the fiddle in a far more inventive way than Johnny and it sounded awesome. I wish you all the best in this contest. :tu:
the contest is just for fun :hihi:
never aim to win, only to try something i might not otherwise :)
the eventual entry might be less strange, not sure yet :)

thanks for listening :)

experimental.crow wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:53 pm :clap:
:party:

pekbro wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:45 am:tu:
:phones:

jancivil wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:04 am
vurt wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:16 pmwhats life without distortion and reverb?
more hygienic
:lol: :lol: :lol:

StudioDave wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 1:04 pm Well, as cover versions go, it's quite different from Billy Joel's original. Regarding the mix, the vocal could probably come forward a bit more, it's difficult to make out the lyrics in some parts. :-D

Neat work, vurt. One of my favorites so far. Did you do it all with hardware only ?

Best,

dp
this ones all software.
due to corona i dont have access to the two pianos i could normally :(
also, not sure im allowed near my aunties anymore since dropping a bag of marbles in to the back :hihi:

Return to “Music Cafe”