Fantasy. Written in the 80s but got a facelift a number of years back.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I wrote this song in the eighties as two separate pieces and recorded this version in my friend's studio in the late 90s on either a Fostex or Tascam cassette four track. (Those were the days!) It starts with a looooooong mellow instrumental, so make yourself a coffee, sit down and relax. :)

https://soundcloud.com/user-198777634/fantasy
Last edited by Erisian on Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I don't do downloads. Upload it to Soundcloud and I'll listen.

Thanks wagtunes. Problem is, I don't do signing into things as a rule. I watched KVR for two years without joining before I thought it was worth a go, mainly to give me the chance to thank Kirsty for Analogy. In the process I thought I would try and give something back, however small. I've just looked at soundcloud and to be honest, I'm not enthusiastic enough to be that involved. Why don't you do downloads?

Erisian wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:33 pm Thanks wagtunes. Problem is, I don't do signing into things as a rule. I watched KVR for two years without joining before I thought it was worth a go, mainly to give me the chance to thank Kirsty for Analogy. In the process I thought I would try and give something back, however small. I've just looked at soundcloud and to be honest, I'm not enthusiastic enough to be that involved. Why don't you do downloads?
I don't do downloads because I don't know what kind of virus the file might have.

wagtunes wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:40 pm
Erisian wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:33 pm Thanks wagtunes. Problem is, I don't do signing into things as a rule. I watched KVR for two years without joining before I thought it was worth a go, mainly to give me the chance to thank Kirsty for Analogy. In the process I thought I would try and give something back, however small. I've just looked at soundcloud and to be honest, I'm not enthusiastic enough to be that involved. Why don't you do downloads?
I don't do downloads because I don't know what kind of virus the file might have.
Ok, I understand that. If it is any use to you, the second link links to a forum where people have downloaded and played it and commented. If that is no use to you then I'm sorry I can't do it any other way.

Updated the links in first post.

wagtunes wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:01 pm I don't do downloads. Upload it to Soundcloud and I'll listen.
Removed the download links in the first post and replaced them with a Soundcloud link.

A bit long but still pleasant intro. Beautiful song.
I liked the melody and acoustic guitar solo.

markkuja wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:16 pm A bit long but still pleasant intro. Beautiful song.
I liked the melody and acoustic guitar solo.
Thank you. I'm glad you liked it. I had no way of knowing time while I was laying down the guitar track at the beginning so it came out a bit longer than I intended. :)

This is really awesome. Beautiful singing. Thanks for the compliment on mine but I think this is much better. I love old Pink Floyd btw. This is at least as good. I want that sound!

empphryio wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:00 pm This is really awesome. Beautiful singing. Thanks for the compliment on mine but I think this is much better. I love old Pink Floyd btw. This is at least as good. I want that sound!
Glad you like it. I actually had Julia Dream in mind when writing the song but it became something else entirely. Of all my songs, this was the only one I was ever completely happy with. My wife wrote a third verse which was sung at our wedding but she doesn't want me to make a public version sadly.

:o
i think ive spotted a hippy!

yup, you can definitely hear the syd :love: in here :D
lovely work, if i was going to be picky, id say vocals could be up a bit, but really thats not necessary as it works with the song as is, has that dreamy feel 8)

vurt wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:57 pm :o
i think ive spotted a hippy!

yup, you can definitely hear the syd :love: in here :D
lovely work, if i was going to be picky, id say vocals could be up a bit, but really thats not necessary as it works with the song as is, has that dreamy feel 8)
:hihi: I'm a short-haired hippy these days! My voice sadly lacks punch and I'm not sure a higher volume would have corrected that in the right way. Maybe it would - I don't know. :shrug: People are always asking me to speak up and it feels to me like I am nearly shouting before they hear me properly. :roll:

Thank you for commenting. :hug:

no, the vocal itself was lovely :)
reminded me of those later syd recordings, some of his more subdued vocals :love:
and like i said, i was being picky.
enjoyed it muchly :D

vurt wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:08 pm no, the vocal itself was lovely :)
reminded me of those later syd recordings, some of his more subdued vocals :love:
"Wined and dined, oh it seemed just like a dream..." :love: :love: :love:

Return to “Music Cafe”