What to buy? Korg complete collection vs. nexus vs. Komplete update vs reason 12

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ew wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:53 pm
mgw38 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:33 pm If you are able to get your hands on Reason 12, I would go for that. :lol:
This. Also, could you lend me your time travel machine for a few days?

ew
Reason 12 wihtout any doubt ! Now that it is hi-dpi / retina crisp graphics it’s a must. Oh, and let not forget the new ModulR synth ! :party:

wagtunes wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:00 pm 1. Nobody can answer that question. They don't know what you're going to use your purchase for.
Pretty much this.

Personally, for me it would be Komplete, no doubt. But... I really have no idea what you're looking for really. A one liner just won't suffice.

+1 for save for the MPC One . Also I noticed you have Logic ! Do you have a Launchpad ? The Launchpad X and newer Launchpad Pro work with the new Logic update . Sounds like you have plenty of software already .

I say the only really the software that I would choose is Arturia V Collection! V7 especially! I'm spending all the time now with it! Great synths especially the digital emulations (and Buchla). I can live only with those synths, really! Some others like OB Xa and Matrix 12 are also excellent synths, but need some digging as not all presets are good.

Komplete? You already have Reaktor and Kontakt, right? Massive X doesn't worth it IMO. Very frustrating when mapping! Just the macros can midi learn! Also NI took two expansions from me without a reason and their support sucks! As you like, but you will come to this conclusion in the future ;)

Now, MPC One is really something! I'm currently between it and between Push 2, but I really like more MPC One because I can control Live with my PC keyboard/ATOM/Midi keyboard ..etc, but that AKAI I love it! I already have some MPC expansions, and I use the samples inside Live/Bitwig, really very nice samples. Also, the sequencer and workflow is million years better than the sequencer in MODX! The only thing I don't know is how the integration with Live or any other DAW! I need to search for it (or maybe download the manual!), but it is damn expensive here in NZ! $1500 NZD!! I know our dollars is very low these days, but it is only $699 in the US!

Tj Shredder wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:39 pm Have you tried Reaper?
Excuse me dear sir, do you have a moment to talk about FL Studio?

To the topic: if you already have Reason 7, you could wait for some sales (yes they just had the Reason 11 Suite upgrade on sale) to upgrade for 11 (or even for the 12 if you’re not in hurry). With Reason you get a whole DAW with several instruments. But then again... do you need those if you are already using another DAW?

I mean, sometimes less is more. Maybe if you’ll buy just one extra synth that you really like to use, it gives you more compared to having several “ok” synths (if you know what I mean)...

I caved in and bought Korg legacy collection just for triton. Triton with modern effects (VVV, NI, etc) goes a long way, and it’s super simple to find sounds for scratchpad and composing.

One of the best things about the triton are the pad sounds. It’s so hard to get simple non moving pad sounds and the triton has them in spades.

Considering what I paid for my hardware unit this was a great price. Kudos to Korg.

I believe the Roland Zenology sounds are just as good as the Triton. You can get Zenoology with all the classic rompler sounds for 300 bucks.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

I don't have the Triton to be honest, because I couldn't download the demo (can't do that through Korg Pass Software) so I couldn't judge how useful its sounds would be for me. I already have the other synths and use them from time to time.

I believe Arturia's Collection is more useful, but it all depends on the music you do I think.

Yesterday, i tried hard to buy something! Anything! Hardware or software, but nothing seems to add anything I already don't have! I even thought to jump into MPC One, but I already have Live 10 and ATOM covering the beats. MODX is disappointing with its sequencer, and also DX7 V and Operator seem enough for my FM needs!

Lastly, I thought to buy Push 2, but I like to use my two keyboard and my pc keyboard. ATOM and nano Kontrol are also used. So it also won't do anything for me!

I demoed several synths but no one is adding something! The only thing I might purchase is Omnisphere 2! I don't have such massive rompler/synth except M1 but Omni has a better synth and more varied library. Let's see if I can get one :D

Enjoy the Triton by the way. Mono/Poly would be my synth of choice from the collection :love:

What ever you do - wait until you get it for 50% of the "Regular Price".

Yeah I got impatient. I couldn’t take the 20 min demo limitation.

It just sounds gorgeous..seriously. After all these years, it still sounds good. Lush strings, pads, keys and whatnot. It’s a perfect replacement for sample tank and miroslav. Very easy to find a sound and dial it in. Workflow wise it’s great. That’s one thing I missed with omnisphere - loading times though it’s gotten better. Same with kontakt - you have to search and load sounds etc the wait times kills it. Here you just press the arrow keys and audition quickly. Love it.

v1o wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:39 pm I believe the Roland Zenology sounds are just as good as the Triton. You can get Zenoology with all the classic rompler sounds for 300 bucks.
I looked at it but their whole program was very confusing - what synths do you get, can you own them etc.
With triton I knew exactly what I was getting and the demo swayed me.

Of the list you had I would choose Nexus 3. I own Nexus and Avenger and both are excellent. I recommend Avenger as well.

I also recommend Parawave Rapid, Arturia V Collection and Pigments. Also great tools I own and feel add value to my work.

keyman_sam wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:20 am Yeah I got impatient. I couldn’t take the 20 min demo limitation.

It just sounds gorgeous..seriously. After all these years, it still sounds good. Lush strings, pads, keys and whatnot. It’s a perfect replacement for sample tank and miroslav. Very easy to find a sound and dial it in. Workflow wise it’s great. That’s one thing I missed with omnisphere - loading times though it’s gotten better. Same with kontakt - you have to search and load sounds etc the wait times kills it. Here you just press the arrow keys and audition quickly. Love it.
Hmmm, maybe you are right after all! Omni also is a bit expensive. I do need those pads of Triton as they sit very well as a background. I guess it has nicer sounds than M1 after all! Anyway, it was also my dream workstation back then, so at least I make some my dreams come true (nevermind virtually :hihi: ) I'll check it as this itch can't be calmed! I need something to buy today!

Return to “Instruments”