Oesksound Soothe 2

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
dhleake
KVRist
41 posts since 9 Jan, 2018

Post Thu May 28, 2020 1:31 pm

c.randall.warren wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 11:31 am
For the moment, my license is still intact.

Until someone offers me some sign of resolution, I've uninstalled ilok manager and removed my production computer from the internet. If ilok wants the license-- they can come get it.
:clap:

SolarAxix
KVRist
345 posts since 3 Feb, 2017 from Quispamsis, New Brunswick, Canada

Re: Oesksound Soothe 2

Post Thu May 28, 2020 5:15 pm

Ol' Betsey satan wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:54 am
dhleake wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:43 am
Per iLok: the user's account is immediately locked to prevent that invalid license to be transferred out to another user. So, existing plugins authorized by ilok will continue to work, but you will be unable to log into your ilok account (web or ilok license manager) to add/edit licenses until the account is unlocked.
Oh that's good to know for future reference just in case. I actually like iLok as it means I can take a cloned system drive to other studios and just boot from my drive, plug in my iLok and start working straight away with my own set-up.

But yea, so luckily this isn't at a "iLok stopped my session" level but they've most certainly had those in the past and good to know.

R.
I would expect that anything that uses iLok Cloud would have been out of unavailable if you can't login to your iLok account. That being said, not many plugins have iLok Cloud support enabled.

Checking my own iLok account, only McDSP, Sonnox, Pulsar Audio, and Avid plugins as well as Pro Tools have it enabled. That being said, since I do have it enabled for Pro Tools, then I'd be out of commission in this type of situation.

orsano
KVRer
9 posts since 18 Feb, 2008

Post Thu May 28, 2020 5:31 pm

I’ve been reading up on fraudulent license sales, and have come across a case where a license was removed by iLok 7 (SEVEN) months after the fact. Scary!

risome
KVRAF
2081 posts since 30 Oct, 2006 from Australia, NSW

Post Thu May 28, 2020 5:48 pm

I like what my fellow producers do with Soothe 2 looks like a great tool but if any plugin involves iLok for copy protection, no thanks..there are many secure ways for developers to protect their plugins.Just seen so many people have issues with iLok ,I will not be one of them.Glad the fraudster got what was coming to them.
http://www.voltagedisciple.com
Patches for PHASEPLANT ACE,PREDATOR, SYNPLANT, SUB BOOM BASS2,PUNCH , PUNCH BD
AALTO,CIRCLE,BLADE and V-Haus Card For Tiptop Audio ONE Module
https://soundcloud.com/somerville-1i

blue monk
KVRist
381 posts since 25 Mar, 2008

Post Thu May 28, 2020 10:28 pm

SolarAxix wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 7:04 am
This certainly has me concerned about getting any second-hand iLok licenses in the future. Imaging having your production down because someone sold you a license that is deemed by the plugin/software vendor to have been fraudulently purchased.
Last time I wanted to download updates from Softube, they demanded that I allow some 3rd party company the authority to revoke licenses from my ilok account.

At that point, I decided to not buy any Softube licenses in the future, unless they change that. I find this completely unacceptable.

torygrey
KVRer
1 posts since 2 Dec, 2017

Post Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:10 pm

anyone still selling soothe 2? would like to buy. please pm thanks.

colabean
KVRist
87 posts since 17 Feb, 2011 from Canada

Post Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:48 pm

*redemption codes* instead of paid user transfers from another iLok are 99% credit card fraud purchases. If you ever get sent one unexpectedly in a deal like this, you be sure you've purchased a license that will not only be revoked, but also get you locked (until you work it out) if you redeem it on your iLok

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”