Can't do slide on Shreddage 3 Jupiter

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been struggling with this for quite a while now, and i still can't get it work. I've already followed the masterclass video on it but it still wouldn't work, the keyswitch just won't trigger the slide for notes at all. The funny thing is that the slide for S3 Abyss works just fine, but with Jupiter, it doesn't. Or they just don't work in the same way? I hope anyone in here could give any idea of what to do with it, because i don't know anymore. A virtual of it would be great too because i'm terrible at reading (English isn't my native language, that's why).

I use FL Studio DAW for this by the way.

What notes are you trying to use to slide?

Garganturod wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:56 pm What notes are you trying to use to slide?
Something like G4 to G3 or D3 to D4

Assuming that you have not changed anything in the TACT pages, make sure that the velocity of your notes is not greater than 109. By default, it will do a Rake articulation if you have it at 110 and over.

Garganturod wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:19 pm Assuming that you have not changed anything in the TACT pages, make sure that the velocity of your notes is not greater than 109. By default, it will do a Rake articulation if you have it at 110 and over.
I tried, but still doesn't work anyway. I noticed too that changing the velocity doesn't make the sound change either, unlike S2.

I think there are quite a few things that would need to be checked. More than my skill level. I would ask for you to share your project, but I don't have FL Studio!

Upload your project to Google Drive or Dropbox and we will take a look.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
zircon wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:54 am Upload your project to Google Drive or Dropbox and we will take a look.
This is not actually what i'm working at, it's kind of a test project. But here it is.
(Also i think i forgot to mention as well that i'm still new to both FL Studio and Kontakt)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wq9dph ... sp=sharing (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wq9dphOYllHZdK7WUV1aav10G57XmQwg/view?usp=sharing)

Any update? I'm also trying to use FL's slide function on the piano roll to pre-bend some 8 string notes rather than using the extremely user unfriendly channel pitch control. Shouldn't there just be a switch somewhere that turns it on? It works for all other midi related vsts.

Kontakt doesn't support FL's slide function. Many other plugins don't, AFAIK.

That's right, I've been an FL user for 16 years and I don't think more than a handful use FL's slide. The vast majority require channel pitch automation.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

In fact AFAIK that piano roll slide is purely a FL feature only working with plugins that are native FL format. Haven't stumbled upon a VSTi that recognized those slides.

Confirmed:

Same, can't slide. And it's just jupiter...

It works fine over here with latest version of Jupiter. You need to play F0 (MIDI note 29) after playing the origin note and keep it pressed down anlong with target note in order to produce the slide.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”