Waves now VST3 only?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I lost my boot/VST drive and am in the process of reinstalling. As usual, Waves central offers me limited options, and it seems like it only installs the vst3 files now - no vst2 32 or 64 bit. Is that the case?

I have a bunch of projects using vst2 versions of the plugins and the DAW (reaper) sees them as not installed. I'm really hoping not to have to setup all those plugins in projects again.
Meh

squibs wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:32 am So I lost my boot/VST drive and am in the process of reinstalling. As usual, Waves central offers me limited options, and it seems like it only installs the vst3 files now - no vst2 32 or 64 bit. Is that the case?

I have a bunch of projects using vst2 versions of the plugins and the DAW (reaper) sees them as not installed. I'm really hoping not to have to setup all those plugins in projects again.
it seems your on windows. i can't check now, but waves works as vst2. i have maschine for instance, only vst2, i can use all the waves plugins.

i can't remember there is a setting for vst2/vst3, in windows central. i am on another computer now, with no waves plugins installed.

Latest Wave Central, 11.0.60, installs both vst2 and vst3. No option to choose. You can delete the ones you don't want from your VST plugin folder(s).

yellowmix wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:48 am Latest Wave Central, 11.0.60, installs both vst2 and vst3. No option to choose. You can delete the ones you don't want from your VST plugin folder(s).
also WC doesn't give you an option for where it puts the vst2 version - it's always c:\program files\vstplugins. If your host supports multiple vst paths you need to add that, or follow the instructions on waves' site for manually moving the vst2 waveshell .dlls to where your host expects to find them so they get scanned

https://www.waves.com/support/how-to-us ... vst-folder

jdnz wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:59 am
yellowmix wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:48 am Latest Wave Central, 11.0.60, installs both vst2 and vst3. No option to choose. You can delete the ones you don't want from your VST plugin folder(s).
also WC doesn't give you an option for where it puts the vst2 version - it's always c:\program files\vstplugins. If your host supports multiple vst paths you need to add that, or follow the instructions on waves' site for manually moving the vst2 waveshell .dlls to where your host expects to find them so they get scanned

https://www.waves.com/support/how-to-us ... vst-folder
Thanks - that fixed it. I had added program files\common\vst3. but not the vstplugins folder
Meh

After Waves Central updated my WLM+ my Reaper projects lost vst2 versions of WLM+, but some of them got automatically (!) replaced by vst3 version. The weird world of digital processing...

Return to “Effects”