Plate 140 (Aturia)
Abbey Road Chambers (Waves)
dearVR Pro (PA)
Raum (NI)
Blackhole (Eventide)
Supermassive (Vallhalla)

That's enough, right? :hyper:

no! Always remember: the answer is 42! *
You still have a long way to go, as i I don't see 2CAudio, Exponential Audio, Lexicon, Liquidsonics, Relab, tc electronic, Universal Audio, not even Fabfilter on that list! :smack:

* if that is accomplished, there's still the n + 1 law
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

what do you use for Room sounds? When you just want to put a sound in a convincing space, rather than an obvious reverb? You seem very heavy on Plates (artificial) and big bloomy type 'obvious' verbs: blackhole, supermassive, etc.

I guess the closest you have fo a convincing room is Abbey Road Chambers, but man I hate that thing, it's such a ridiculous CPU hog, like all Waves reverbs.

absent from your list are all of my favorite reverbs: Relab LX480, Exponential Nimbus, Valhalla Vintage Verb.

mholloway wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:01 pm what do you use for Room sounds? When you just want to put a sound in a convincing space, rather than an obvious reverb?
Exponential Audio PhoenixVerb seems like a very good and super affordable choice for that purpose.

I only use VVV. Even for clean, more or less inaudible stuff.
That and some IRs inside my convo reverb of some presets i made in some of the other reverbs i was using at some point in situations, where VVV doesn't cut it - which is actually not that often
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

No Liquid Sonics Cinematic Rooms??

Incomplete list. ;)
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Regarding the plugins listed in the OP - I almost feel these days as I could live of NI Raum only these days... it sounds so great, and has the essential modes. It's even awesome as a delay. ;)

Eats the CPU for breakfast though. But then, it's 2020... *sniff* *takes a look at component prices for a more up to date PC*

ValhallaVintageVerb, Sonsig, and LX-480 belong in every reverb collection for variations of that classic, modulated reverb sound that works so well in pop, rock, hip-hop, electronic, etc.

Also, no spring? I'd add Audiothing Springs to that list.

Grainspace by Audiority is also rather special for otherworldly soundscapes. And it would still be worth checking out 2CAudio's spatial processors.

But yeah, I think that frackermak has the bases covered. After all, one method to develop your own sound is to restrict your options.

enjoying this thread :tu:
thanks peeps :)

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:20 pm Also, no spring? I'd add Audiothing Springs to that list.
Should have mentioned, I do have an old hardware spring reverb in the loft.. :D

What a cute little collection of reverbs you have there ;)
Missing of course all the other ValhallaVerbs and Verberate2. Oh, and Anechoic Room Simulator, of course!

You are covered for Room (DearVR Pro + Raum), Hall (all except Soundtoys/Arturia) and Plate verbs Soundtoys Little Plate & Arturia 140 (which both cover the EMT 140 differently).

As you say, you have hardware spring reverb.

What you don't have is a digital reverb. The already mentioned Valhalla Vintage Verb is modeled after digital reverbs, which have their place especially in popular music styles. https://valhalladsp.com/shop/reverb/val ... tage-verb/

If you need something realistic, IRs are are great for this or ask again specifically for realistic space algo reverbs as its a shorter list.

fese wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:30 pm cute little collection
Love it! :D :tu: :wink:

missing a huge sound stage and $1.5 mil of mics and pres.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Return to “Effects”