June Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A fantastic start this month. :o
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

due to the whole words business, i may have to go the covers route :o
trying to decide between badly played keys or badly played guitar to support my badly sang vocals? :)

or i guess as i can use it many times, i could use badly played theremin instead.

vurt wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:29 pm due to the whole words business, i may have to go the covers route.
no need for the covers' route, the web is full of never before composed poems.

Does a drum kit count as one instrument?

funky lime wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:51 am Does a drum kit count as one instrument?
Definitely yes. I remember hearing and liking your stuff at some point in time (FAWM?) It would be great if you started taking part in the contest. I'm considering a comeback to help keep this thing alive.

Hellfog wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:08 pm
vurt wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:42 pm
donkey tugger wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:36 pm One is assuming you can use whatever effects you want?

nope. just flanger.
And spring reverb from the '60s.....

Na you can use any you want
Tape echo too?
too?
too?
too?
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

folderol wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:58 amTape echo too?
too?
too?
too?
Or CrazyIvan, if you like

liͮ̏kͭe

l̲̮̥̼̥̥̈́ͩ̋̅ͫͣik̽ͫé̠̞̝͛ͧ

l̹̝̘i̙̗̱̟͚͚͕̹̺̥̯̹͍̮͉ḳ̱̞̥ͧͨ̄̑e̿̄͆̂ͭ͊ͬͭ̿̈̑̚

…̹̘̬̳͇̖̹̣͇̖̮͖͙̒ͯͧ̆͑͂͌̊̀̄ͯ͑ͬ

Greetings from the past....

I used to participate regularly in this contest, but have only been lurking for the last several years. Thinking about contributing something this month (although desire doesn't always translate into performance - just ask my wife :-)).

Before I do, I just want to clarify the definition of instrument vs patch, as the submissions thread uses both terms. Two questions:

1) Would a layered patch (e.g. piano over strings) count as an "instrument" so long as the same patch was used throughout?
2) My keyboard has the capability to have different sounds loaded in different keyrange zones (e.g. double bass in the lower range, piano in the upper range). Would a split patch such as this count as an "instrument" so long as it was clear that it could have been played solo in real time (i.e. no more than 10 keys being hit at the same time!)

I am happy with whatever the answers are - just want to make sure that if I do submit something that it complies with the rules.
Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so.

slartibartfast wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:30 am Greetings from the past....

I used to participate regularly in this contest, but have only been lurking for the last several years. Thinking about contributing something this month (although desire doesn't always translate into performance - just ask my wife :-)).

Before I do, I just want to clarify the definition of instrument vs patch, as the submissions thread uses both terms. Two questions:

1) Would a layered patch (e.g. piano over strings) count as an "instrument" so long as the same patch was used throughout?
2) My keyboard has the capability to have different sounds loaded in different keyrange zones (e.g. double bass in the lower range, piano in the upper range). Would a split patch such as this count as an "instrument" so long as it was clear that it could have been played solo in real time (i.e. no more than 10 keys being hit at the same time!)

I am happy with whatever the answers are - just want to make sure that if I do submit something that it complies with the rules.

1) No that would count as two instrument

2) No that would be mutible instrument

One patch or one instrument, or one sample thats it.

Hellfog wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:44 am
slartibartfast wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:30 am Greetings from the past....

1) No that would count as two instrument

2) No that would be mutible instrument

One patch or one instrument, or one sample thats it.
Thanks. Understood.
Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so.

"slartibartfast wrote: ↑Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:30 am
Greetings from the past.... "

Good to see you back.
Far too many of the 'older squad' have gone missing.
Not here too much myself these days.
---------------------------------------------
New Updated music site at - http://www.fraserology.com/music/

harvon wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:59 pm You don't need to drop all the herbs in the soup if you are a good cook.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHkNDmXwZz0
indeed

I listened some couple more, - but why does he only write love lyrics...

offthewall wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:07 pm "slartibartfast wrote: ↑Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:30 am
Greetings from the past.... "

Good to see you back.
Far too many of the 'older squad' have gone missing.
Not here too much myself these days.
And it's 'hello again' from me too :)
I drop in here quite a bit, but don't seem to get very inspired - or when I do, I find I've already published something just before a new contest theme is presented :cry:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Does it have to include a vocal, or can it be a single patch instrumental?

Return to “Music Cafe”