"natural" sounding algorithmic reverbs

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm looking for a "natural" sounding reverb to compliment the plethora of "effect" reverbs I have.

I'm thinking about Phoenix Verb, only £10 at the moment but the sale ends tomorrow and I don't really have time to demo.

Other than convolution reverbs, what else is out there?
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

I would just get Phoenixverb. No brainer at that price IMHO and compliments my FX reverbs perfectly.

As far as I remember Acon Digital Verberate has been regarded as a good sounding realistic reverb. But if price is a factor it's hard to beat the £10 for Phoenix.
Metal in my heart
Synths in my sound card

I doubt it has any serious competition at this price. Just get it and you won't regret it. :D

U-he protoverb is pretty good, and it's free. It's less a reverb and more of a sound simulation.

https://u-he.com/products/protoverb/

Sadly it isn't very customize-able since it's so hard to predict what kind of room will sound good, basically you just ask it to randomly create rooms until you get a reverb that sounds good. The only control you have is the tail fall-off and the wet/dry.

Another vote for Phoenixverb from me. When I need some very neutral "air" around my sounds, that's the reverb I use.

Great, now I long to buy Phoenixverb, even though the GUI is rather ugly, but ten bucks is hard to resist. Is it ilok protection or did they rework it to izotopes own CR?
I should be all set for natural reverbs with Verberate and VRoom, actually. Verberate especially is damn great, but has quite some CPU hit, VRoom is a classic, of course.

It's ilok

Well, great,thank you ChamomileShark for this thread, now I demoed Phoenixverb :) , and even though I didn't really intend to buy it because, let's face it, I have enough reverbs, the GUI is really amateurishly designed, the size is too tiny in small mode and way too big in big mode (on a full HD monitor) and the preset system is awkward (search function is neat, though).
It sounds really smooth though, and very different from Verberate or VRoom which are my favorite "clean" reverbs.

Ah, well, 10€. Insane. #neverenoughreverbs

Checkout:
Acon Digital Verberate
LiquidSonics Verbs
FabFilter Pro-R

htohgrom wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:21 pm As far as I remember Acon Digital Verberate has been regarded as a good sounding realistic reverb. But if price is a factor it's hard to beat the £10 for Phoenix.
There is a free stripped down version of verberate.

andymcbain wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:17 pm I would just get Phoenixverb. No brainer at that price IMHO and compliments my FX reverbs perfectly.
+1

You don't need to demo a £10 plug-in. Just buy it. You won't regret it :tu:
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Do check out Valhalla Room, capable of very realistic sounds.

Demo'ing the new Cinematic Rooms by LiquidSonics right now... it's effing incredible. I'm putting it right up against Valhalla Room which puts up a valiant fight but there is just so much more depth, complexity and realism in the liquidSonics rooms.

Return to “Effects”