Do I have reverb covered?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I probably have 40+ reverbs at this point. Here's a video I put together when I had 30:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Usr__kFk2qQ

Seriously folks...
It's looking like VVV sometime soon 👍
And maybe AudioThing Springs... 🤔

time learning would be better than money spent in this case.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

frackermak wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:02 pm Seriously folks...
I had all the Valhalla reverbs because colleagues praised them and the demos were convincing. But eventually I sold them because I wasn't into their vibe. Personal choice. I've been demoing (and purchased) LiquidSonics Cinematic Rooms Pro. To me this is one of the best sounding and most versatile reverbs I've used (and as you can see from my previous post, I've tried a lot of reverbs). Versatile, not in the sense of sounding like other reverbs, but versatile in that, within the context of its sonic character, it offers a lot of control and variation. It's not cheap at intro $250 but you might want to check it out if you are looking for a top-tier reverb. 2caudio Aether is a close second (and was 1st in my books before Cinematic Rooms).

Some example:

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/li ... YcCU5aMJbE

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/li ... w9wQw6WLGf

frackermak wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:56 pm
fese wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:30 pm cute little collection
Love it! :D :tu: :wink:
I gotta admit, my list would've only been three or four items longer :oops: To make up for it, I just bought PhoenixVerb :D

FapFilter wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:54 pm ......as i I don't see 2CAudio, Exponential Audio, Lexicon, Liquidsonics, Relab, tc electronic, Universal Audio, not even Fabfilter on that list! :smack:
Some of my favorite verbs!

Covered? Like to start an Enya tribute band.. :hihi: Nice set of revebs.

as always: demo first!
VVV is not my absolute favorite sounding reverb i ever heard, but it still beats not too few highly praised (and priced) ones for me.
It's my most versatile verb that doesn't sound bad on anything for me (not doing pompous cinematic climax reverb stuff, so maybe it might fail miserably on stuff like that)
And it surprisingly also does “barely there“ better than some verbs that are lauded for their “cleanness“, despite not even having the shortest decay rate on earth.
You might like it, but you also might not, as everyone has his own concept of how a “good“ reverb should sound.

Having said that: will demo Nimbus at some point though in the hopes that it doesn't require ilok, “now“ that it's distributed by izotope.
If it does... well... money saved in advance
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

It does.

;)

FapFilter wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:06 pm Having said that: will demo Nimbus at some point though in the hopes that it doesn't require ilok, “now“ that it's distributed by izotope.
It does require ilok..
EDIT: lol chk071 beat me to it.
Last edited by SJ_Digriz on Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Thank goodness! :lol:
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

My next purchase may be U-he MFM2.
The demo videos are interesting.
Like Raum, the possibilities are vast, and much
is there to be discovered/invented.
Might be possible in November :(
...but learning can take place in the meantime. :hyper:
Cheers
Last edited by glokraw on Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FapFilter wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:35 pm Thank goodness! :lol:
Yes... at least this saves us more complaints and wordy discussions. :P

plexuss wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:29 pm
frackermak wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:02 pm Seriously folks...
I had all the Valhalla reverbs because colleagues praised them and the demos were convincing. But eventually I sold them because I wasn't into their vibe. Personal choice. I've been demoing (and purchased) LiquidSonics Cinematic Rooms Pro. To me this is one of the best sounding and most versatile reverbs I've used (and as you can see from my previous post, I've tried a lot of reverbs). Versatile, not in the sense of sounding like other reverbs, but versatile in that, within the context of its sonic character, it offers a lot of control and variation. It's not cheap at intro $250 but you might want to check it out if you are looking for a top-tier reverb. 2caudio Aether is a close second (and was 1st in my books before Cinematic Rooms).

Some example:

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/li ... YcCU5aMJbE

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/li ... w9wQw6WLGf
Laughing so hard at the vox example lyrics :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm demo'ing Cinematic Rooms too and I fear for my bank account.

Now add FabFilter Pro-R and Zynaptiq Adaptiverb. THEN you’re done.

Return to “Effects”