Bitwig Studio 3.2 Beta 8

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

antic604 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:43 pm
SLiC wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:15 pm Why would this be a problem in real use terms? I’m not sure I understand , this is just when you duplicate a track so you have an identical track with the same EQ on so you get phase issues?
Wouldn't that impact EQ-ing mid & side separately, for example? Or any other parallel processing situation?
Yea, I think at the moment you'd have to put an empty EQ+ on e.g. the mid channel (or a 4 sample time shift) if you wanted to EQ the sides. Likewise for L/R EQing. It's a little bit inelegant.

Hez wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:47 am
antic604 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:43 pm
SLiC wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:15 pm Why would this be a problem in real use terms? I’m not sure I understand , this is just when you duplicate a track so you have an identical track with the same EQ on so you get phase issues?
Wouldn't that impact EQ-ing mid & side separately, for example? Or any other parallel processing situation?
Yea, I think at the moment you'd have to put an empty EQ+ on e.g. the mid channel (or a 4 sample time shift) if you wanted to EQ the sides. Likewise for L/R EQing. It's a little bit inelegant.
yup... it's a disappointing development re EQ+

Bitwig 3.2 is out
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

pdxindy wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:06 pm yup... it's a disappointing development re EQ+
Holy shit I think this is the first thing you have ever said negative towards Bitwig congrats! :party:

Anyone know if Mid Side is possible with EQ+? It would be awesome to stop using 3rd party vsts for EQ.

Quack Quack wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:30 am
pdxindy wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:06 pm yup... it's a disappointing development re EQ+
Holy shit I think this is the first thing you have ever said negative towards Bitwig congrats! :party:
I've said dozens of such comments... especially in the early days when there were a significant number of bugs I was frequently critical. When the first 3.2 beta came out I was initially disappointed and said so. After a few more betas I changed my mind and now I'm satisfied with 3.2

Return to “Bitwig”