"natural" sounding algorithmic reverbs

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Only thing beating Phoenix is Nimbus for that task. and phoenix works fantastic.
With that price it is a no brainer.
rsp
sound sculptist

Thanks everyone, I went ahead and got it.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

How about R2 Stereo Crossgrade from PhoenixVerb or Excalibur
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... -Excalibur
buy Phoenix for $9.99 plus $29.85 = $39.84
get R2 and give up Phoenix, I assume.

What is the lowest price ever for R2?

Kalamata Kid wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:28 am What is the lowest price ever for R2?
Free (with the Focusrite Plugin Collective)

Nimbus > Phoenix
R4 > R2

UI is not amateur. It’s just not flashy attractive. It’s fairly well designed and logical to use. Gets a “B” from me on UI.

MogwaiBoy wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:33 am
Kalamata Kid wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:28 am What is the lowest price ever for R2?
Free (with the Focusrite Plugin Collective)
Please do not remind me. I missed that by a few weeks due to my procrastination.

vitocorleone123 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:09 am Nimbus > Phoenix
R4 > R2

UI is not amateur. It’s just not flashy attractive. It’s fairly well designed and logical to use. Gets a “B” from me on UI.
Agree not crazy about the GUI.

I have Nimbus and will not give ethat up.
But prefer R2 over Phoenix. Love the sound of R2 but spent less time on listening to Phoenix.
But should wait for an R4 deal?

"Natural" sounding reverb? Phoenix is great and if I didn't already have R2 I'd have bought it. But I wouldn't say it's natural sounding. It's very dense and sounds more plate-y to me. For natural sounding I would look for something in FDN reverbs. AriesVerb, Redline Reverb, haven't tried it YET but CRTIV from Voxengo is another FDN - they just seem less cluttered and way less ringy to me. Cloudseed is another interesting verb to try especially for smallish and medium rooms.

Valhalla Supermassive for free might be another. I only tried it a bit but it also has that crystal clean sound - this freebie did it's job. I hadn't tried Valhalla before in spite of a stellar reputation, but now Im definitely buying at least a couple. very very clean sounding reverb great for early reflections

Also anything heavily delayline based like Polaris.

...and that rudebwai from Denise Audio
Last edited by Debutante on Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hornet Spaces (8 Euros now) is very good and underrated.

+1 for Voxengo CRTIV Reverb 2. Love it.

I bought Phoenixverb because it was so cheap and because I really like R2 but Phoenixverb just never seems to do the trick for me.

Anyway, I think "natural" is a very subjective concept when it comes to reverb. For example I think R2 can sound very natural.
I also think Soundtoys Little Plate can sound very natural and I often use it for such applications.

The most natural reverb I ever met is Liquidsonics Illusion. I never heard anything with so natural low-end reverb in the digital world. Someone called Illusion "Reverb synthesizer". I agree with it )

It's not sound-design plugin, it's nearly impossible to force it sound "overprocessing" or "wrong", really. But if you need to create "almost" real space - Liquidsonics is the best choice, in my opinion. Try the demo.

With Panagement 2 we try to have a realistic reverb, through modelling of air and wall properties.
Just set Decay to "reality".
Such a reverb is not particularly more diffusive than real life, whereas typically musicians may want something lush.
Checkout our VST3/VST2/AU/AAX/LV2:
Inner Pitch | Lens | Couture | Panagement | Graillon

In my experience the most natural reverb plugins are the Ircam Flux ones. I wonder why they are almost never mentioned. Also VSR S24 by Relab can be very natural.
Yorgos Simeonidis

filulilu wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:55 am I wonder why they are almost never mentioned.
Price.

But from what I've heard they do sound cool.

Return to “Effects”