Should I buy VPS Avenger, or should I wait for VPS Avenger 2 and a better copy protection?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

savagedog wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:35 pm
Have it installed on three systems mac and win10. No Problems at all. They do not will chance it. why they should because some noobs are unable to go through three steps to install?
Or are afraid that reptilians will steal secret nr. 1 hit chord progression if they connect to the internet for a short period? (yes you need to refresh all three months by one click... very difficult.. not)

The same Crybabies at the FB Group. Buy the Software, you will not regret it, it's still envolving and has unbeaten nice features. The second version will be 2022 I think.

EDIT:
The only thing you have to keep in mind is that avenger is hungry for cpu.
A very good example of the "wonderful" atmosphere in that group, if you have problems, you are a "noob" or a "crybaby", if you'll buy Avenger, you'll get this for free! :tu:

By the way, among other things,I had problems with Avenger because of a bug in Vman, that told me the support! And Codemeter 7 made problems, too! All that has nothing to do with "some noobs are unable to go through three steps to install"! :wink:

EDIT:
But to be fair, Avenger is a good synth and has some nice expansions and you have always the possibility to bounce what you like! I did this with the drum kits there, because my DAW can handle drum sounds much better, than that mini piano roll sequencer ...

A very good example of the "wonderful" atmosphere in that group, if you have problems, you are a "noob" or a "crybaby", if you'll buy Avenger, you'll get this for free! :tu:

Sorry Bro, If you have Problems, and you do not want help but: try it once then flame in the net, sell your product and write everywhere how bad it is, THEN you are a noob and a crybaby.

By the way, among other things,I had problems with Avenger because of a bug in Vman, that told me the support! And Codemeter 7 made problems, too! All that has nothing to do with "some noobs are unable to go through three steps to install"! :wink:

So you get an answer from the support, and what happend? they fixed it. Btw. Why using codemeter 7? And why do you feel addressed. Are you saying there are no such people like I descripied?? or why you start this discussion?

EDIT:
But to be fair, Avenger is a good synth and has some nice expansions and you have always the possibility to bounce what you like! I did this with the drum kits there, because my DAW can handle drum sounds much better, than that mini piano roll sequencer ...

?? You started that discussion about "noobs, which are unable to go through three steps to install" and "crybabies"! :D

Funny thread here. If you read between the lines it should be clear :)
Just saying, I had issues, talked with Rene himself, the issues persisted, I went away.
Later this stuff with CodeMeter happened and what I was reading were not "noobs" in the Avenger thread here, but veteran people who own a lot of synths.
Anyway, this thread has a conclusion imo. If you can handle the hassle with a maintenance-required CP, then go for it. Avenger can do good sounds, but as said it is not unique and there are plenty synths with better support/CP/company behind it.

kevvvvv wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:52 pm They enjoy slagging it off. It's like a pet hobby :lol: :clap: :lol:
Some people just like slagging off people who insult a developer. Even if their concerns are legitimate. It's like a pet hobby :lol: :clap: :lol:

You got a little brown stuff on your nose there kevvvvv. You might want to wipe that off. :wink:

Vengeance and CodeMeter can KMA....

Buy Parawave Rapid instead....... :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Things change. Everyone is different.

I picked up Avenger used because it sounds amazing. I have Rapid, Falcon, all the UHe synths - they are all great too. Avenger just has some kind of power to it. CodeMeter installed and works fine so far. If they change to iLok, eLicenser, this or that, doesn't matter. things change. that's of the points of software. I embrace it depsite sometimes there being problems. That's one of the risks of progress.

plexuss wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:05 am Things change. Everyone is different.

I picked up Avenger used because it sounds amazing. I have Rapid, Falcon, all the UHe synths - they are all great too. Avenger just has some kind of power to it. CodeMeter installed and works fine so far. If they change to iLok, eLicenser, this or that, doesn't matter. things change. that's of the points of software. I embrace it depsite sometimes there being problems. That's one of the risks of progress.
Same here, on almost every account. Avenger is an amazing instrument for sure and I bought it on the Market place knowing exactly what I was getting into.

I do feel for those that had it before the change, and had issues with the new implementation. No-one likes to waste time jerking around with apps and licensing when they could be making music :roll:

But, it's running well and I dig it. Codemeter is there and runs a service all the time however it has yet to put voices in my head or make me want to start a cult or call in a swat team or whatever so I'll keep on enjoying a beast of a synth :party:

H-man wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:01 am Same here, on almost every account. Avenger is an amazing instrument for sure and I bought it on the Market place knowing exactly what I was getting into.
And, as you acknowledge (thank you!) but others (including VPS) keep willfully ignoring, this makes all the difference, at least to me. As I keep saying, if VPS had launched Avenger with CodeMeter, then so be it, and people could have bought or not as they saw fit, as you did. But changing copy protection horses midstream, after advertising a keyfile system and taking my (and others’) money when we specifically relied on that very important (to us) advertised “feature,” is just wrong.

Have you tried the demo ?
It is an older version but it gives you an impression how it works and if it is what you are looking for.

Codemeter is working quite good here no serious issues which can't be fixed.
Studio One, Logic
macOS
–– -
http://ansolas.de

SirkusPi wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:22 am after advertising a keyfile system and taking my (and others’) money when we specifically relied on that very important (to us) advertised “feature,” is just wrong.
CodeMeter is essentially a "keyfile system", with the difference that you can store it optionally on a CodeMeter Hardware Dongle if desired.
[edit] and that a background process is running [/edit]

One disadvantage is that you have to renew the licenses every 3? month with one click, while being online.

One advantage over the previous copy protection is, that you can deactivate and manage you liceses youself. At least for the computer you still have access to. Previously you always had to contact support to release the licenses again.
Last edited by ansolas on Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Studio One, Logic
macOS
–– -

SirkusPi wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:09 pm @wombat778, I am sure your experience has been fine. Maybe if I installed CodeMeter, it would work fine for me too. But that's not the point.

If VPS had advertised Avenger as using CodeMeter from the start, then I wouldn't be complaining - I simply would not have purchased and moved on with my life.
That’s all well and good, but has little to do with the original post. If you read Stardragon’s post you will note that is has not bought Avenger yet, and was hesitating over concerns with CodeMeter. My post was directed at Stardragon’s post, not yours.

wombat778 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:42 am
SirkusPi wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:09 pm @wombat778, I am sure your experience has been fine. Maybe if I installed CodeMeter, it would work fine for me too. But that's not the point.

If VPS had advertised Avenger as using CodeMeter from the start, then I wouldn't be complaining - I simply would not have purchased and moved on with my life.
That’s all well and good, but has little to do with the original post. If you read Stardragon’s post you will note that is has not bought Avenger yet, and was hesitating over concerns with CodeMeter. My post was directed at Stardragon’s post, not yours.
Fair enough, but I do think Stardragon (and all potential customers) should understand the business practices of any company they’re considering purchasing from, as they may (or may not) share my concerns about those practices.

ansolas wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:04 am
SirkusPi wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:22 am after advertising a keyfile system and taking my (and others’) money when we specifically relied on that very important (to us) advertised “feature,” is just wrong.
CodeMeter is essentially a "keyfile system" with the differene that can can store it optionally on a CodeMeter Hardware Dongle if desired.
I strongly disagree that CodeMeter is a keyfile system in the traditional sense. An ordinary keyfile doesn't install root level processes and continuously use system resources. I know VPS tries to spin CodeMeter as a keyfile system on it’s website, but I find that highly disingenuous. It essentially removes all meaning from the term.

SirkusPi wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:24 am
ansolas wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:04 am
CodeMeter is essentially a "keyfile system" with the differene that can can store it optionally on a CodeMeter Hardware Dongle if desired.
I strongly disagree that CodeMeter is a keyfile system in the traditional sense. An ordinary keyfile doesn't install root level processes and continuously use system resources. I know VPS tries to spin CodeMeter as a keyfile system on it’s website, but I find that highly disingenuous. It essentially removes all meaning from the term.
you are correct (I never claimed that it is a keyfilesystem in a traditional sense), that's why I wrote >>essentially<< and keyfilesystem in quotes,
nevertheless anything else in my post is still valid.

How much resources does it take on your system ?

PS: I updated my previous post to be even more clear
Studio One, Logic
macOS
–– -

The fact that (rightly or wrongly) it bothers some people to the point that they sell the product, and others that they won't buy the product should concern the developer. Being 'right' wont help them if sales drop off....but if all of this noise isn't affecting their sales then they probably don't give a monkeys what people think about their copy protection...its their business, their choice...they charge for licences transfers don't they? Maybe they are making a killing from that!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Instruments”