tc electronics skysurfer reverb

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

really thinking about buying this is it cheap crap ? should i avoid

Behringer bought TC Electronics so it might be their abilities in china are involved.
Same production line as Behringer brand maybe.

So prices lowered, or?

lfm wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 8:31 pm Behringer bought TC Electronics
I didn't realise that.

I have a TC Electronics Reverb which I purchased 10 or more years ago and it is quite good, but it is not called skysurfer, it is called Nova.

lfm wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 8:31 pm Behringer bought TC Electronics
Avoid it like AIDS.

It's one of the Smorgasbord series. Cheap, sturdy, somewhat large, OK sound quality.

Try before you buy:
https://www.thomann.de/gb/stompenberg_t ... everb.html

- If you can spend more, try the Digitech Polara, EHX's offerings, etcetera (Eventide should be great, but is more expensive).
- If you 'd like to have more than 1 type of reverb, dito.
- If you prefer spring reverb, there are better ones around.
- If you want to keep it cheap, there are lots of tiny Chinese reverb pedals, and one from Behringer.

xtp wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 2:16 am I have a TC Electronics Reverb which I purchased 10 or more years ago and it is quite good, but it is not called skysurfer, it is called Nova.
That's another one altogether, recently re-issued in an altered form that seems to be less popular.

B bought TC? Damn.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

cptgone wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:57 pm
xtp wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 2:16 am I have a TC Electronics Reverb which I purchased 10 or more years ago and it is quite good, but it is not called skysurfer, it is called Nova.
That's another one altogether, recently re-issued in an altered form that seems to be less popular.
I have to admit, I have hardly ever used it, it sits mainly in its box, all shiny and new, even though it is quite old now. I get it out occasionally, but I am not that big on reverb—at the time I thoought I was. At the same time I also purchased a Joe Meek FloorQ, I gave that away to a friend, it was my last attempt at a compressor, I just really don't like compression in any form whatsoever, either on guitar directly, or on recordings. THey were two purchases that were like—Yeah, but no . . . I mainly use EQ and filters, of which I have a few, and those I have built myself and tailored to my playing style.

Return to “Guitars”