Classical Topic

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have reuploaded all songs. I figured out how to "master" them with Ozone 9 elements so I did that. I also put a bit of eq on them but very simple and basic.
Heavenly Sounds Approved This.

Nice sounds, best regards! 💚

ANVILMESA wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:26 pm Nice sounds, best regards! 💚
Thx for the listen and the comment! I wish you the best!

New track called forgiveniss

https://soundcloud.com/mo7ex/forgiveniss

I have put a description of the song on the first 4 tracks. Capturing how the song makes me feel, its not how it should make you feel. Music is something weird and it enables us to feel different things about it then someone else. So go ahead, listen to the tracks and let me know how they make you feel!

Will update the other tracks with a description later probably. I am going to try to do that for all tracks but I am not a real writer, but it adds a bit of a story to the track.

Concerning I will prevail. It's quite good. Though when the trumpets come in I wonder if a larger orchestral group of trumpets would sound better. And about mixing in general, some possibly useful thoughts:
Try out lots of reverbs. Like the following which are free: Valhallasupermassive, Oril River and Lagrange.
Make sure to mess with subtle saturation on each instance of your tracks. I have been using Green Eugene (free) a lot lately.
I don't know anything about masteringbox. I would recommend TDR Nova, TDR SlickEQ and TDR Kotelnikov. All free. The slickEQ on each instance trying to boost a given freq range and possible cut out the others to some extent. It only has 3 bands but if you have a lot of instruments going you can use multiple instances to try to make more room. On the master TDR Nova with some kind of "smiley face" is good, like the edge density preset. Followed by TDR Kotelnikov with the smooth preset.

The reverb on the piano... I don't know. It sounds good but I think it could be better. Sounds like too small a space. The composition is quite good.

..and when the trumpets first come in, it seems a bit sudden, maybe put in something more subtle to signal something big about to happen. Or possibly just a slower attack at first.

Edited to add: I didn't see you switched to Ozone for mastering. I don't know it either but hear it's good I guess.

empphryio wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 1:54 pm Concerning I will prevail. It's quite good. Though when the trumpets come in I wonder if a larger orchestral group of trumpets would sound better. And about mixing in general, some possibly useful thoughts:
Try out lots of reverbs. Like the following which are free: Valhallasupermassive, Oril River and Lagrange.
Make sure to mess with subtle saturation on each instance of your tracks. I have been using Green Eugene (free) a lot lately.
I don't know anything about masteringbox. I would recommend TDR Nova, TDR SlickEQ and TDR Kotelnikov. All free. The slickEQ on each instance trying to boost a given freq range and possible cut out the others to some extent. It only has 3 bands but if you have a lot of instruments going you can use multiple instances to try to make more room. On the master TDR Nova with some kind of "smiley face" is good, like the edge density preset. Followed by TDR Kotelnikov with the smooth preset.

The reverb on the piano... I don't know. It sounds good but I think it could be better. Sounds like too small a space. The composition is quite good.

..and when the trumpets first come in, it seems a bit sudden, maybe put in something more subtle to signal something big about to happen. Or possibly just a slower attack at first.

Edited to add: I didn't see you switched to Ozone for mastering. I don't know it either but hear it's good I guess.
Thank you for listening and the feedback!

Thing is, I got advised here in the past to use as much onboard audio effects (reverb and eq in this case) of the DAW. I will play a bit around with other reverbs in newer songs, I do not think the reverb is reverb enough either to be honest. Maybe pick a hall reverb, I think I did all these songs with a room reverb but I am not sure.

I did that because when I mastered myself, without ozone, the trumpets tended to crackle the mix up because the reverb was too strong, I think I switched to a room reverb then to give it more space. In the end the mastering myself was just too difficult for me because I wanted to reach a certain overall loudness of the track, and each time the trumpets came in which I had a love and hate relationship with at that time, they sounded distorted when I put the overall loudness up. Now with the Ozone 9 elements plugin I do not have any problems anymore, I like it to be honest. Makes things easier.

Yes I have thought of the surprise attack of the trumpets too, I think each songs suffers a bit from that problem, its good advice you have given me, will try to get them in more subtle in newer songs. Thing is, I like the surprise effect, I think if I smooth them in they will be less powerfull, but I do not know that to be honest. In the end its labeled a bit classical and classical, I think, has some surprise moments sometimes.

I also played with volume automation a bit in all songs, to make certain moments stand out. Mostly when trumpets kick in or all instruments are playing. I should put a warning by each song I guess that the overall volume will go up a few db in some parts, but I like to jump scare people to much I guess. Just kidding lol.

I have a few more songs which are ready and will upload in the coming days, but will take your advice with me for the new songs I create, namely maybe smoothing the trumpets more in. For the rest I think I will use the onboard EQ and Reverb of my DAW but I will certainly look other reverb options out in that one.

Thank you so much for your detailed feedback and for the listen, it is appreciated!

New song called Children of God: https://soundcloud.com/mo7ex/children-of-god

New track. The unthinkable has happend. It is time for the final judgement. https://soundcloud.com/mo7ex/the-final-judgement

some good thought-provoking stuff
:tu:

Bansaw wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:49 pm some good thought-provoking stuff
:tu:
Thank you

Return to “Music Cafe”