Looking for an Impulse Response loader pedal

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, so I'm looking for an Impulse Response loader pedal, just a loader, but can't find one. Everything I've come across has lots of addon features that I don't need. Cab simulations, mic simulations, reverbs, power amps, etc.

Is there such a thing - a quick and simple IR loader pedal with lots of memory slots and very low latency?

Mooer Radar might be what you're looking for. Or Engl Cabloader

Daimonicon wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:12 am Mooer Radar might be what you're looking for. Or Engl Cabloader
I could list 10 more, but all of them come with the features I explicitly said I don't need.

The Engl has 4 memory slots for my IRs. Is that a joke? Line6 has 128.

The Radar manual doesn't say how many 3rd party IRs can be loaded. Is that a joke?

But thanks anyway.

schpaeckulum wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:30 am Is there such a thing - a quick and simple IR loader pedal with lots of memory slots and very low latency?
What are you going to use it for? Cabs or reverbs? Most cab sim -oriented pedals only support impulses of up to 500ms, which isn't nearly enough for reverbs. I looked into those a while back, and the only I could find was logidy EPSi which is unfortunately not in production anymore...

ilmai wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:37 pm What are you going to use it for?
Cabs. Properly mic'ed ones. There's tons of IR of those. So I don't need a cab simulator, or a mic simulator, obviously. Or a power amp. What's that for? Or a reverb - I can put that one later, I have some of the best reverbs as vst's.

But it seems that there's no simple and cheap IR loader out there. My search didn't come up with anything, and thus far there have been no suggestions here.

So I'm starting to consider Line6 HX Stomp, although that's a bit on the $$$ side and too many options, BUT if nothing else fits my needs, I'll jump.

schpaeckulum wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:05 pm So I don't need a cab simulator
Supposedly it's just a preset IR in the stomp box.
or a mic simulator, obviously
Another IR preset.
Or a power amp.
And yet another...
Or a reverb
guess what: yet another IR preset, fluffy!

These boxes aren't one-trick ponies, although it does sound like it.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:19 pm
schpaeckulum wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:05 pm So I don't need a cab simulator
Supposedly it's just a preset IR in the stomp box.
or a mic simulator, obviously
Another IR preset.
Or a power amp.
And yet another...
Or a reverb
guess what: yet another IR preset, fluffy!

These boxes aren't one-trick ponies, although it does sound like it.
Look, there's a difference between a simulation and an IR file. Most IR loader pedals I've found have built-in simulations of cabs, mics, power amps and reverbs. Those simulations can't be removed from the pedal. I don't know if they are purely algo or IRs that are locked-in + some algo, but I don't need such stuff. And those simulations are their main thing, the IR loading is just an add-on.

I don't need an IR loader pedal with 4 slots for my IRs and a bunch of other functionality.

An IR loader pedal for 500+ Euro is a bit much (the Line6), that's why I'm asking - maybe someone has come across something cheaper, something I have missed. I did an extensive search but, you know...

Just take a second before posting - can you be of any help at all?!

That's the currently most popular pedal of this type, take a quick look at it and say: is it just an IR loader, or not? And 275 Euros isn't cheap either, although money is the lesser issue. I just don't want to get bogged down in countless options, that's all.

https://www.thomann.de/intl/bg/two_note ... er_sim.htm

This one also has a DI, but I already have a DI. And I have reverbs. And I don't need a power amp. And I don't need cab and mic simulations, because I'll use my IRs which are better because I know what I'll be using, not just "something" that someone says is this or that and it's great because he says so and is trying to sell it to me.

OKAY???

You missed my point completely.

All the extras you complain about (bar the DI which is $1 in hardware components) are basically just impluse responses and nothing more.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Return to “Guitars”