How many here are upgrading Komplete to Ultimate here, and how many are waiting until next year?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys,

As you know, the Summer Sale for the upgrades is going on now. I just got Komplete 11 Standard here, and was pondering upgrading now, but I think I may hold off until next year. Sure, Kontakt 6 is something I won't have, as well as Drums and Strings, but I may be fine for a year.

Who else is holding off, and who has upgraded to Ultimate from any previous version?

I'm still on Komplete 10 Ultimate and upgraded to Kontakt 6 a few months ago. Not enough new content I'm interested in to get me to update to 12 Ultimate.

Considering I’d like to sell my crossgrade as it is: unlikely ever.

I've got Komplete 12 std and now I'm waiting for K13 for Farlight, straylight. I suspect I might have to upgrade to ultimate for that though. After checking the wiki it seems like they did a new update every year, then every 2 years, seems like it should drop maybe September this year?
If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. HOW CAN YOU HAVE ANY PUDDING IF YOU DON'T EAT YER MEAT!?

Hmm thanks for the input guys. I think Ill hold off as well!

I purchased the update from K8U to K12U on Friday. Quite a lot of extras for a reasonable amount spent. Will be spending some time with reaktor blocks today.

Slightly off topic, but K12U comes with 20 expansions. What is the best way to interact with these if I don't own a NI controller? I have installed Komplete kontrol software but not really investigated it fully yet. Can I use this or are the expansions geared towards NI hardware owners.

humpo72 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:28 am I purchased the update from K8U to K12U on Friday. Quite a lot of extras for a reasonable amount spent. Will be spending some time with reaktor blocks today.

Slightly off topic, but K12U comes with 20 expansions. What is the best way to interact with these if I don't own a NI controller? I have installed Komplete kontrol software but not really investigated it fully yet. Can I use this or are the expansions geared towards NI hardware owners.
You can use the expansions as wav files however you wish, but they're nicely integrated with the NI hardware if you own some. You can also use komplete kontrol, and battery for the premapped kits, and the presets for monark etc just show up in your presets as per usual. I'd suggest digging into komplete kontrol, it's worth it.

Return to “Instruments”