All things pedal related.

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Pre-ordered a JPTR FX Super Weirdo "glitch super fuzz time modulation unit" so I can modulate time and win the lottery.
First purchase at reverb.com, this will undoubtedly ultimately lead to my financial ruin.

@ Uncle E: all pedals have now been cared for (new pedalboard + lotsa velcro + 3 Harley Benton PSUs)
(Hope you're OK. If it might cheer you up, I thought of you earlier today when someone said "avuncular" is an archaic word, out of use. Maybe so, but what better word to describe your presence here?)

Saw it on offer at local shop, couldn't resist. Unusual to see good pricing on something I want.

https://www.jimdunlop.com/mxr-bass-compressor/

MXR M87 Bass Compressor, my first analogue compressor in any format actually. It rocks.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

It’s very good on acoustic guitar, as well. My favorite pedal compressor for electric guitar is the Boss Bass Limiter.

Good to know about acoustic.

I'm using an old guitar distortion on my bass, sounds v nice when trying to learn Muse covers.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

I use a DOD 250 on bass. I have the reissue but prefer the Grey clone by Big Knob, as it’s a more rounded sound.

Both are also good on acoustic (though an EHX Holy Stain is much, much, better), with the grey being better again IMO. I briefly tried the original yellow but the reissue is close enough for me.

I’m still looking for a compressor pedal I like, and would use regularly. I use an Art Levelar on bass so that’s my main comparison, along with the Kuassa plugin.
I miss MindPrint. My TRIO needs a big brother.

The problem with all the DIY pedals I own is I often forget which is which! I have a great DOD 250 clone but I’ll need to take a bunch of pedals apart to find it. ;)

Mosky made a clone of the Lovepedal Amp Eleven. Here’s my video of the Lovepedal:

http://youtu.be/w1dhp_Z1Eec

Uncle E wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:41 am Mosky made a clone of the Lovepedal Amp Eleven. Here’s my video of the Lovepedal:
I was eyeing that and looks a bargain at £20. It also seems to cover similar ground to my Budda Zenman Overdrive/Boost, which is great. I’m waiting till I have a few Mosky pedals in the cart to get a discount. The Ultimate Drive is in already.

So I got space for one more pedal. Thinking a phaser, compressor or second delay.

Assuming you already had a nice delay pedal, but neither phaser nor compressor, what would you be likely to get?

I am leaning towards comp: even though I mostly hate compressors on guitar, there are use cases.

kvotchin wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:53 am I am leaning towards comp: even though I mostly hate compressors on guitar, there are use cases.
I’m in the compressor conundrum too. I use one nearly constantly on bass but never really had the need on guitar. Maybe it’s because I’m primarily a bassist so know the sounds I want much better.

Anyway, heading towards getting one and the Marshall is top of my list (at the mo’) but I’d like to try it first so waiting till I’ve had the chance. May get a cheap one, like the Xvive Lemon Squeezer, till I have.

I found the Xvive XV9 Lemon Squeezer Compressor on Amazon for £24 so ordered it.

Nice. I’m also tempted to get one with a blend knob, so I can at least let through some of those precious dynamics, lol.

Hm, that is damn cheap...

For me, a blend knob is the only thing missing from the Marshall Compressor pedal and the reason I haven’t just bought it. I have the Guv’nor Plus and Super Vibe (incidentally, great with acoustics) pedals and like the sound and build quality of both.

Uncle E wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:32 am The problem with all the DIY pedals I own is I often forget which is which! I have a great DOD 250 clone but I’ll need to take a bunch of pedals apart to find it. ;)
purchase sharpie, write on enclosure. ;)

Return to “Guitars”