What synths do you recommend that can do everthing Sylenth1 can do?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been searching for a synth that can do everything Sylenth1 can do, with a similar or better sound and with similar or better performance (or at least well optimized).

Can you recommend a few please? Or then I will just save for Sylenth1.

EDIT:
Thanks to people suggestions and to the demos I've tried I've been thinking on buying for now the following plugins:
  1. Dune 3: Because I like the sound the most of the ones I've tried and it has more features than Sylenth1.
  2. Sylenth1: Because it has a unique sound that I like and because it has a lot of presets built-in.
  3. Hive 2: It sounds very good and has a lot of presets like Sylenth1, but better.
Other good plugins I've tried (and most of them people recommend it to me) and I found them good are, in the order I liked their sound the most:
  1. Spire
  2. Serum
  3. VPS Avenger
  4. RAPID: It seems it have a big presets library.
  5. SynthMaster: This one has a huge presets library.
  6. ANA 2
  7. Wiggle
  8. Hybrid 3: For the price is very good though.
PD: Thanks to all that have contributed with their opinion and suggestions =)
PD2: I will still keep accepting more suggestions.
Last edited by StardragonEX on Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:41 am, edited 23 times in total.

Off the top of my head.....Dune 3, Hive 2, Parawave Rapid.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Spire seems like the most direct modern equivalent, to me.

Sylenth is a pretty basic synth. Most synths have similar or all of the same features. What makes it special is the sound. It has a very special character that no other synth can replicate.
Last edited by djanthonyw on Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You are currently reading my signature.

Sylenth was one of the first VSTs I bought as it was released and I'm still using it in almost every track in different genres. The main reason are its amazing "snappy" envelopes, the clear sound and fast workflow. I wrote a book about subtractive synthesis and I used Sylenth for the examples, because it has the most important features. I'm also using many other plugins, which have much more features and are sounding great, but none of them replaces Sylenth. :D

ANA2 can cover much of the same sound but far more versatile.

Although Sylenth 1 does have a really nice character it is a very limited synth compared to other synths in the price range.

(Limited Osc waveforms, No Osc Hard Sync etc etc)

If you're going to own only one synth I'm not sure Sylenth 1 should be on the list.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Hive 2

Hive 2 but in case of performance (cpu?), Sylenth1 is very hard to beat. I compared both and ended up buying Hive 2, more flexibility and great selection of presets.

Sylenth1 is a 'must have' , i get mine as a second hand buy years ago. nowadays I've heard a preset browser is in process - that would be gorgeous.
And hive2 is also a superb synth.

ANA 2 can do it all,and has lot more features like a sample oscillator, wavetables and the unique g envelope. Plus, the bright side is its priced at only around 53$ right now, so u can get that and another synth too

clipnotic wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:47 am I wrote a book about subtractive synthesis and I used Sylenth for the examples, because it has the most important features. I'm also using many other plugins, which have much more features and are sounding great, but none of them replaces Sylenth. :D
Except true pulse width modulation and hard sync :lol:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Just buy Sylenth :shrug:
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

hey, buy both. these are hard times, support the devs :)

My choice for “that kind” of plugin is Spire. Not sure if it covers literally every single aspect of Sylenth, but if not, I suspect it would be very close. And of course, like most synths frankly, it can do more than Sylenth in other areas.

I find the CPU usage very reasonable for what it can do.

Otherwise, I’ve heard that Hive would be a contender for this.

Return to “Instruments”