Roland Cloud - big change

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Roland Cloud

thenumber23 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:28 pm Roland added 5 sound packs for Zenology today. So far, I'm getting an error when trying to install them.
It's working now.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Caine123 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:55 pm their cloud definitely improved and all the licenses seem to be finally seperately available, still they need to do much more improvements!

5. Zenology hopefully gets fully featured, but then if it might replace xv5080 etc. why owning the seperate vsts then?
Won't the full featured version of Zenology be subscription only? I don't want to subscribe, so it's separate VSTs for me.

So, comparing the wave lists I realized that the EXZ008 Vintage Keys wave expansion is the one to get if you are looking for the complete digital version of the old SR-JV80-04 Vintage Synth expansion card (I have two of them, one in JV1080 and one in JD990).
I checked yesterday and it has all the 255 waves of the card.
The EZX015 Vintage Synth instead is missing many of them.
Unfortunately it seems to me that EXZ008 Vintage Keys does not have all the patches contained on the original card... can you confirm that?
I guess this is due to its porting from the SRX version of the card instead of the SR-JV one, that probably has different patches (I never had one).

So I ask you if it's the same with the SRX plugins... is the SRX Keyboards the one with all the SR-JV04 waves?

I didn't subscribed yet to the Roland Soundcloud so I can't verify myself for now, sorry.
I think I will do next month or in august when I will have time to explore with calm all plugins and expansions with the Ultimate 30 days trial.

Then I think I will subscribe to the Core plan to begin with and buy Lifetime keys for what I'm really interested in: D-50 (I have the hardware expander), EZX expansions for Zenology, SRX plugin, Synth Models for Zenology, Patches collections...
Thank you in advance for eventual replies.
We are the true makers of our destiny.

plus one on eagerly waiting for the JD990 plugin!

Polarity wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:09 pm So, comparing the wave lists I realized that the EXZ008 Vintage Keys wave expansion is the one to get if you are looking for the complete digital version of the old SR-JV80-04 Vintage Synth expansion card (I have two of them, one in JV1080 and one in JD990).
Unfortunately it seems to me that EXZ008 Vintage Keys does not have all the patches contained on the original card... can you confirm that?
I guess this is due to its porting from the SRX version of the card instead of the SR-JV one, that probably has different patches (I never had one).

So I ask you if it's the same with the SRX plugins... is the SRX Keyboards the one with all the SR-JV04 waves?

I didn't subscribed yet to the Roland Soundcloud so I can't verify myself for now, sorry.
I think I will do next month or in august when I will have time to explore with calm all plugins and expansions with the Ultimate 30 days trial.

Then I think I will subscribe to the Core plan to begin with and buy Lifetime keys for what I'm really interested in: D-50 (I have the hardware expander), EZX expansions for Zenology, SRX plugin, Synth Models for Zenology, Patches collections...
Hi, yes Srx keyboards contains all 255 waves and all 256 sr-jv80-04 patches was ported by KVR member

czsynth wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:37 pm
Polarity wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:09 pm So, comparing the wave lists I realized that the EXZ008 Vintage Keys wave expansion is the one to get if you are looking for the complete digital version of the old SR-JV80-04 Vintage Synth expansion card (I have two of them, one in JV1080 and one in JD990).

Hi, yes Srx keyboards contains all 255 waves and all 256 sr-jv80-04 patches was ported by KVR member
is there a link or the links to all roland patches? thx
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Python-Blue Roland bins:

JV90 Collection
JV1000 Factory
JV-XV Collection
XV5050 Bank E,F,G,H
SR-JV80-11 Techno Collection
SR-JV80-12 Hip Hop Collection
SR-JV80-19 House Collection
SR-JV80-4 Vintage Synth
SR-JV80-8 Keyboards of the 60s&70s
SR-JV80-9 Session
SR-JV80-2 Orchestral
SR-JV80-16 Orchestral II
SR-JV80-5 World
SR-JV80-14 World Collection Asia
SR-JV80-18

http://www.python-blue.com/uploads/1/4/ ... d_bins.zip

All working with the plugins.You need all the SRX and the JV1080 Vst ;)

All jv1080 vsti and xv5080vsti patches can be modifed and imported to srx keyboards.

[riedited]
thank you!
I guess the JD990 only readable patches are not possible to be included instead.
And what about the patches that we have made onto our own hardware JV1080 with and without waveforms coming from SR-JV04 Vintage Synth?
Ok, I saw the converter for sysex files, of which I read about months ago, is finished but works with XV banks only... but for JV user banks then? Not a chance forever? :|

More ZEN-Core Sound Packs Now Available!
Thursday, June 25, 2020

Five new ZEN-Core Sound Packs have just been added to Roland Cloud! Compatible with the ZENOLOGY Software Synthesizer and Roland hardware instruments with the ZEN-Core Synthesis System, each of these instrument-focused collections features as many as 16 expertly crafted tones.

SDZ016 Electro Bass

Synth bass sounds for the ZENOLOGY Software Synthesizer and Roland instruments with the ZEN-Core Synthesis System.

The place for synth bass—Electro Bass is a ZEN-Core Sound Pack that explores the deep end of the sonic spectrum.

SDZ017 Analog Plucks

Analog plucked sounds for the ZENOLOGY Software Synthesizer and Roland instruments with the ZEN-Core Synthesis System.

Say a lot with a little using Analog Plucks—a ZEN-Core Sound Pack of short and sweet plucked synthesizer tones.

SDZ018 Synth Strings and Pads

Synth strings and pad sounds for the ZENOLOGY Software Synthesizer and Roland instruments with the ZEN-Core Synthesis System.

Create instant atmosphere with Synth Strings and Pads—a ZEN-Core Sound Pack that fills the empty spaces.
SDZ019 Metallic Plucks

Metallic plucked sounds for the ZENOLOGY Software Synthesizer and Roland instruments with the ZEN-Core Synthesis System.

Create a delicate edge with Metallic Plucks—a ZEN-Core Sound Pack that evokes minimalism and cold beauty.
SDZ020 Transitions and Risers

Transition and riser sounds for the ZENOLOGY Software Synthesizer and Roland instruments with the ZEN-Core Synthesis System.

Get from here to there with Transitions and Risers—a ZEN-Core Sound Pack for connecting your musical ideas.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Sweet!

It seems that only one effect is available in each Zeonology Lite patch. Is it also true for the paid Zenology version?

gunark wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:48 am JX-8P Zenology model out:

https://www.roland.com/us/products/rc_j ... expansion/
The JX-8P model contains a full featured interface for programming it from scratch.

I compared some patches to the same patches in the PG-8X plugin (= JX-8P emulation) and the patches in the Zenology plugin sounds surprisingly good in comparion. Many patches even seem to sound almost identical or even identical.

When not playing a note i noticed a strange noise in the background until i notced that this is from the Chorus FX. You can switch this off with the corresponding knob in the FX settings. Seemed to be the same with the Chorus in the Juno-106 plkugin where you can switch off the noise too.
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Sweet! And, they call it EXM003, which implies two other expansions are going to soon be available.

Return to “Instruments”