Trash 2: distortion "aftertouch" tails

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
Igro
KVRAF
4243 posts since 26 Apr, 2007 from Noosphere

Post Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:54 am

Hi Trash 2 users!

I need an advice, there are some very fine sounding distrotion types, but their "aftertouch-like" tails ruin the beauty. Example Distort > Dense, Sandpaper, Tarnish and etc. Does anyone know how to remove those nasty tails? These tails sound like if they were embeded to the original sound. Thank you.
Last edited by Igro on Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

TIMT
KVRian
742 posts since 8 Mar, 2009

Re: Trash 2: distortion "aftertouch" tails

Post Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:11 am

You can't.its some weird bug that Izotope don't seem to want to address(i've sent a few emails and they said its supposed to sound like that).usually when you move a point away from the centre axis of the transfer curve on any waveshaper you will get some kind of upwards effect in terms of the waveshaping,but how Trash2 does it just sounds broken and it is so annoying.i went back to using the first Trash which has other issues but none of them as annoying as the "tail"issue with Trash 2

Give them their due, its pretty cool how they still provide installers for the older software,so kudos to them for that
Last edited by TIMT on Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
I

Igro
KVRAF

Post Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:39 pm

Hi TIMT. I was kinda expected that these upward-sounding tails were intended, but not having a chance to remove them is very disappointing. Interesting, the Blue Cat distortion doesn't have these tails.

HansP
KVRist
232 posts since 9 Sep, 2017

Post Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:16 am

you mean some crackling fizz while the sound at the input fades out?

Milkman
KVRist
36 posts since 17 Mar, 2005 from Bay Area

Post Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:09 am

Some trash2 patches have leading fuzz and tailing fuzz, lol. It's just a heavy process that saturates the spectrum with feedback and distortion, and I guess the way trash was designed it doesn't cut this when there is no input. I love trash2 lol, but it would be nice if they modified it to behave differently when there is no input.

Mik_lo
KVRist
50 posts since 6 May, 2017

Post Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:40 am

Use a gate?

Igro
KVRAF

Post Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:40 am

Hmm, need to try, as it has very nice gate indeed.

Return to “Effects”