Baffling Problem With Waves Abbey Road Mastering

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I own this plugin too and it also crashes here. Other Waves plugins are fine.

Tried in Cubase 10.5 and Bitwig.

Reefius wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:53 pm I own this plugin too and it also crashes here. Other Waves plugins are fine.

Okay, now we're getting somewhere. It's not just me. Well, Waves needs to fix this.

PS - Did you report this to them? That's the only way they're going to fix this is if people complain.

The plugin opens in their (free) Studiorack plugin, so this can be used as a temporary workaround.

Get Studiorack here: https://www.waves.com/plugins/studiorac ... in-chainer

Then load Studiorack in your DAW and open AR TG Mastering Chain inside Studiorack.

Edit: it also opens in the insert slot of CLA Mixhub, but crashes in Scheps Omni Channel's insert slot.
Last edited by Reefius on Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wagtunes wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:05 pm
Reefius wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:53 pm I own this plugin too and it also crashes here. Other Waves plugins are fine.

Okay, now we're getting somewhere. It's not just me. Well, Waves needs to fix this.

PS - Did you report this to them? That's the only way they're going to fix this is if people complain.
My AR TG Mastering Chain is still on V10 so they will probably tell me to use WUP to update it to the latest version. What version do you have (you can see it in Waves Central)?
I just checked and WUP would cost around $13 for this plugin only, so if that's what it takes to get it working again it's not so bad. The only thing is that I don't know if this will fix the problem.

Reefius wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:22 pm
wagtunes wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:05 pm

My AR TG Mastering Chain is still on V10 so they will probably tell me to use WUP to update it to the latest version. What version do you have (you can see it in Waves Central)?
I just checked and WUP would cost around $13 for this plugin only, so if that's what it takes to get it working again it's not so bad. The only thing is that I don't know if this will fix the problem.
I'm on version 10 but why would the version have anything to do with it? The plugin itself hasn't been changed in over a year.

So the problem is with Waves since it's happening on more than one system. An Update to Waves Central broke the plugin and they want money to fix it, am I reading that correctly ?

Things like this make my decision to never buy a Waves plugin seem like a pretty good move. :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:51 pm So the problem is with Waves since it's happening on more than one system. An Update to Waves Central broke the plugin and they want money to fix it, am I reading that correctly ?

Things like this make my decision to never buy a Waves plugin seem like a pretty good move. :?
If I didn't think some of their stuff was really great (AR Mastering is irreplaceable) I would agree. Now I have to figure out how to get the same results with individual plugins, if it's even possible. Reverse engineering this thing is not going to be easy for me.

Reefius wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:14 pm The plugin opens in their (free) Studiorack plugin, so this can be used as a temporary workaround.

Get Studiorack here: https://www.waves.com/plugins/studiorac ... in-chainer

Then load Studiorack in your DAW and open AR TG Mastering Chain inside Studiorack.

Edit: it also opens in the insert slot of CLA Mixhub, but crashes in Scheps Omni Channel's insert slot.
Downloaded and installed and yes, it does open in Studio Rack. But why? This is very odd.

Well, it seems it's still possible to get a free demo of a plugin you already own, so I got the demo of AR TG, which is V11.

The plugin now works in both Cubase and Bitwig, and most likely in other DAW's too. So I guess if you want to be able to use it again you will need to use WUP just for this one plugin, it's around $13.

Reefius wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:12 pm Well, it seems it's still possible to get a free demo of a plugin you already own, so I got the demo of AR TG, which is V11.

The plugin now works in both Cubase and Bitwig, and most likely in other DAW's too. So I guess if you want to be able to use it again you will need to use WUP just for this one plugin, it's around $13.
Screw it! If it opens in Studio Rack, that's all I need.

wagtunes wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:13 pm Screw it! If it opens in Studio Rack, that's all I need.
But you won't be able to open any of your previous projects that use the plugin, they will all crash.

Reefius wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:17 pm
wagtunes wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:13 pm Screw it! If it opens in Studio Rack, that's all I need.
But you won't be able to open any of your previous projects that use the plugin, they will all crash.
That's the good thing about being a home studio musician who just does this for his own enjoyment. Once I've finished a song and mastered it, it's done. It goes on Soundcloud and there's no need for me to ever open it again. I've got multiple copies of each song I do (one copy on an MP3 player, one copy in my MP3 folder on my PC, one copy on my external elements drive, and the original wav file if I ever need to make my MP3 again) so these old projects are essentially nothing but space wasters. In fact, one of these days, I'm going to unload the whole song folder onto a backup drive and free tons of space on my PC.

Updates in Waves Central to the WaveShell files can break plugins in old sessions. But still people claim how amazing it is that Waves keep 30 year old plugins up to date.

My solution was to stop using Waves :P

For some weird reason it works again now, without needing Studio Rack.

I guess this was a compatibility problem with Windows or .NET Framework that has been fixed in a recent Windows Update.

Reefius wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:45 pm For some weird reason it works again now, without needing Studio Rack.

I guess this was a compatibility problem with Windows or .NET Framework that has been fixed in a recent Windows Update.
Thanks. I'll try it out on a blank project one day. Don't want to blow up something I'm working on.

Return to “Effects”